Looking for a delicious and easy pound cake recipe? Look no further! This 7-Up pound cake recipe with cake flour is sure to impress your friends and family with its light and fluffy texture and refreshing citrus flavor. So, let’s dive into the details and learn how to make this mouthwatering dessert!
– 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
– 3 cups granulated sugar
– 5 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons lemon extract
– 3 cups cake flour
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¾ cup 7-Up soda
– Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
– Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the lemon extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cake flour and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the 7-Up soda. Begin and end with the flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
5. Stir in the lemon zest, if desired, for an extra burst of citrus flavor.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
9. Carefully transfer the cake onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
10. Once cooled, dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar for a beautiful finishing touch. You can also serve it with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious 7-Up pound cake recipe:
1. Can I use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour?
Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour for cake flour in a 1:1 ratio. However, keep in mind that using cake flour will result in a lighter and more tender texture.
2. Can I use a different soda instead of 7-Up?
While 7-Up adds a unique flavor to this pound cake, you can experiment with other lemon-lime sodas or even carbonated lemon-lime drinks.
3. How should I store the pound cake?
To keep the pound cake fresh, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also refrigerate it for longer shelf life.
4. Can I freeze this pound cake?
Yes, you can freeze the pound cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
5. Can I omit the lemon extract?
If you prefer a more subtle flavor, you can omit the lemon extract. However, keep in mind that it adds a delightful citrus note to the cake.
6. Can I add other flavors or mix-ins to this pound cake?
Absolutely! You can customize this recipe by adding other extracts like vanilla or almond, or even mix in some chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits.
7. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
While you can use salted butter, it’s best to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe. If using salted butter, reduce the added salt by half.
There you have it! A delicious and simple 7-Up pound cake recipe that is sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy this delightful treat with a cup of tea or coffee, or serve it as a dessert at your next gathering.