Best Easy Allrecipes Recipe 241165 Mongolian Beef Slow Cooker
If you’re craving a delicious and flavorful dish without spending hours in the kitchen, then look no further than the Best Easy Allrecipes Recipe 241165 Mongolian Beef Slow Cooker. This recipe combines tender beef, aromatic spices, and a savory sauce that will leave your taste buds craving more. Plus, the convenience of using a slow cooker means you can set it and forget it, allowing you to go about your day while the flavors meld together perfectly. Here’s how to make this mouthwatering dish step-by-step.
– 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak, sliced into thin strips
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
– 1/2 cup shredded carrots
– 4 green onions, sliced
– 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1. In a large bowl, toss the beef strips with cornstarch until fully coated.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, minced garlic, and minced ginger. Pour the mixture over the beef in the slow cooker.
4. Add the shredded carrots and sliced green onions to the slow cooker. Stir everything together to ensure the beef and vegetables are coated in the sauce.
5. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours, or until the beef is tender and the flavors have melded together.
6. Just before serving, stir in the hoisin sauce to add an extra layer of flavor.
7. Serve the Mongolian beef over a bed of steamed rice or noodles. Garnish with additional sliced green onions, if desired.
Now that you have the recipe, it’s time to dive into some frequently asked questions about this delicious dish.
1. Can I use a different cut of beef?
Yes, you can use a different cut of beef such as sirloin or ribeye if you prefer. However, flank steak is recommended for its tenderness and ability to absorb the flavors of the sauce.
2. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using tamari or a gluten-free soy sauce alternative instead of regular soy sauce.
3. Can I add vegetables to the dish?
Absolutely! You can add your favorite vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, or snap peas to the slow cooker along with the beef. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
4. Can I make this recipe spicy?
If you enjoy a spicy kick, you can add red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce to the sauce mixture. Adjust the amount to your desired level of spiciness.
5. Can I cook this recipe on high heat instead?
While the low heat setting allows the flavors to develop slowly, you can cook this recipe on high heat for 2-3 hours if you’re short on time. However, the beef may not be as tender as it would be on low heat.
6. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
7. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double the recipe to feed a larger crowd. Just make sure your slow cooker is big enough to accommodate the extra ingredients.
Now that you have all the information, it’s time to gather your ingredients and start preparing this delicious Best Easy Allrecipes Recipe 241165 Mongolian Beef Slow Cooker. Enjoy the mouthwatering flavors and the convenience of a slow cooker!