Best Easy Almond Milk Custard Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and dairy-free dessert, almond milk custard is a fantastic option. This creamy and smooth treat is not only easy to make, but it also provides a healthier alternative to traditional custard recipes. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delectable almond milk custard that will leave your taste buds satisfied. Here is the best easy almond milk custard recipe:
– 2 cups almond milk
– 4 egg yolks
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the almond milk over medium-low heat until warm.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
3. Slowly pour the warm almond milk into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling.
4. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This process should take about 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove the saucepan from heat and let the custard cool for a few minutes.
6. Pour the custard into individual serving dishes or a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap is in direct contact with the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming.
7. Chill the custard in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until set.
8. Once the custard is chilled, serve it plain or with your favorite toppings, such as fresh berries, chopped nuts, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Now, let’s move on to some commonly asked questions about almond milk custard:
1. Can I use a different type of milk instead of almond milk?
Yes, you can substitute almond milk with any other plant-based milk, such as soy milk or oat milk. However, keep in mind that it may slightly alter the flavor and texture of the custard.
2. Can I use whole eggs instead of just the yolks?
Using only egg yolks in this recipe creates a richer and creamier custard. However, if you prefer a lighter version, you can use whole eggs instead.
3. Can I use a sugar substitute?
Yes, you can use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol if you prefer a lower-sugar or sugar-free custard. Just make sure to adjust the quantities according to the instructions on the sugar substitute packaging.
4. How long can I store almond milk custard in the refrigerator?
Almond milk custard can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just make sure to keep it covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container to prevent it from absorbing any odors.
5. Can I freeze almond milk custard?
Yes, you can freeze almond milk custard for up to 1 month. However, keep in mind that the texture may slightly change after thawing.
6. Can I use almond flour instead of cornstarch?
No, almond flour cannot be used as a substitute for cornstarch in this recipe. Cornstarch is necessary to thicken the custard and create its smooth texture.
7. Is almond milk custard gluten-free?
Yes, this almond milk custard recipe is gluten-free, making it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
Almond milk custard is a delightful dessert that everyone can enjoy, regardless of dietary restrictions. With its rich and creamy taste, this easy recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. So, gather your ingredients and give this dairy-free custard a try – you won’t be disappointed!