Best Easy Almond Milk Quiche Recipe
Quiche is a savory dish that originated in France and has since become a popular choice for breakfast, brunch, or even a light dinner. Traditionally, quiche is made with eggs, cream, and cheese, but for those who follow a dairy-free or vegan lifestyle, almond milk can be a great substitute. In this article, we will share the best easy almond milk quiche recipe that is not only delicious but also simple to prepare.
– 1 pre-made pie crust
– 1 cup almond milk
– 4 large eggs
– 1 cup chopped vegetables (such as spinach, bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms)
– 1 cup shredded dairy-free cheese
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the pre-made pie crust in a pie dish and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme until well combined.
3. Spread the chopped vegetables evenly over the pie crust. You can use any combination of vegetables you prefer or have on hand.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, making sure it fills the entire pie crust.
5. Sprinkle the shredded dairy-free cheese on top of the quiche.
6. Place the quiche in the preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
7. Remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This almond milk quiche recipe is versatile and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. You can add cooked bacon, ham, or even tofu for added protein. Additionally, you can experiment with different herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.
Here are some frequently asked questions about almond milk quiche:
1. Can I use any type of almond milk?
Yes, you can use any unsweetened almond milk available. Just make sure it is plain and unsweetened to avoid altering the flavor of the quiche.
2. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Absolutely! You can use a gluten-free pre-made pie crust or make your own gluten-free crust using almond flour or a gluten-free flour blend.
3. Can I freeze almond milk quiche?
Yes, you can freeze the quiche for later consumption. After baking, let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. When ready to eat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven.
4. Can I use almond milk quiche as a meal prep option?
Certainly! You can make this quiche ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. It can be reheated in the oven or microwave for a quick and satisfying meal.
5. Can I use a different type of dairy-free cheese?
Yes, you can substitute any dairy-free cheese of your choice. There are several options available, such as soy-based, rice-based, or nut-based cheeses. Choose one that suits your dietary needs and taste preferences.
6. Can I make mini quiches with this recipe?
Absolutely! Instead of using a whole pie crust, you can use mini tart shells or muffin tins to create individual servings. Adjust the baking time accordingly, as mini quiches may cook faster.
7. Can I use almond milk quiche as a base for other fillings?
Definitely! This almond milk quiche recipe serves as a great base for various fillings. You can experiment with different vegetable combinations, meats, or even seafood to create your own unique quiche.
In conclusion, this easy almond milk quiche recipe is a delicious and versatile option for those who follow a dairy-free or vegan lifestyle. It can be customized with various fillings and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a light dinner. Try it out and enjoy a flavorful, dairy-free quiche!