Best Easy Apple Blossom Sky EPCOT Recipe
If you’ve ever been to EPCOT at Walt Disney World in Florida, you know that it’s a food lover’s paradise. One of the most popular and delicious treats you can find there is the Apple Blossom Sky. This delightful dessert is a puff pastry filled with warm apple compote, topped with vanilla cream and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Lucky for you, we have an easy recipe that will allow you to recreate this delectable treat at home.
– 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
– 4 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored, and diced
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the diced apples, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples are soft and the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
3. Roll out one sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut the pastry into 4 equal squares.
4. Spoon a generous amount of the apple compote onto the center of each pastry square, leaving a border around the edges.
5. Fold the corners of each pastry square towards the center, overlapping them slightly to create a rustic, flower-like shape.
6. Transfer the pastries onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up.
7. While the pastries are baking, prepare the vanilla cream. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
8. Once the pastries have cooled slightly, dollop a spoonful of vanilla cream onto each pastry and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
9. Serve warm and enjoy the heavenly flavors of the Apple Blossom Sky!
Now that you have the recipe, it’s time to answer some common questions about this delightful treat:
1. Can I use store-bought puff pastry?
Yes, using store-bought puff pastry will save you time and still yield delicious results.
2. Can I use different fruits?
While the original recipe calls for apples, you can experiment with other fruits like peaches or pears for a unique twist.
3. Can I make the apple compote ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the apple compote a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
4. Can I substitute whipped cream for the vanilla cream?
Yes, you can use whipped cream instead, but the vanilla cream adds a nice flavor to the dessert.
5. Can I freeze the pastries?
Yes, you can freeze the unbaked pastries and bake them straight from the freezer. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
6. Can I add nuts to the apple compote?
Absolutely! Chopped walnuts or pecans would add a nice crunch to the filling.
7. Can I make smaller or larger pastries?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the pastries by cutting the puff pastry into smaller or larger squares.
8. Can I use a different type of sugar?
Yes, you can use your preferred type of sugar, such as coconut sugar or maple syrup, for a different flavor profile.
9. Can I serve the Apple Blossom Sky with ice cream?
Yes, a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce would be a delightful addition to this dessert.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to put on your chef’s hat and recreate the magic of EPCOT’s Apple Blossom Sky in your own kitchen. Enjoy!