Best Easy Applebee’s Stout Gravy Recipe
Applebee’s is a popular American restaurant chain known for its delicious dishes and flavorful gravies. One of their most loved gravies is the Stout Gravy, which adds a rich and savory taste to any meal. If you’re a fan of this delectable gravy and want to recreate it in the comfort of your own kitchen, you’re in luck! Here is the best easy Applebee’s Stout Gravy recipe that you can try at home.
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 cup stout beer
– 1 cup beef broth
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Once the butter has melted, add the flour and whisk continuously until the mixture turns golden brown. This creates a roux, which will thicken the gravy.
3. Slowly pour in the stout beer while whisking the mixture. Ensure that there are no lumps forming.
4. Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to the saucepan, and whisk until everything is well combined.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the gravy thickens to your desired consistency.
6. Season the gravy with salt and black pepper according to your taste preferences. Remember to taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
7. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the gravy cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now that you have the recipe, it’s time to answer some common questions about Applebee’s Stout Gravy.
1. Can I use a different type of beer instead of stout?
Yes, you can substitute stout beer with any dark, flavorful beer such as Guinness or porter. However, keep in mind that it may slightly alter the taste of the gravy.
2. Can I make this recipe vegetarian or vegan-friendly?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of this gravy by using vegetable broth instead of beef broth and replacing the butter with plant-based margarine. For a vegan version, simply swap the butter with a vegan alternative.
3. Can I freeze the leftover gravy?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover gravy in an airtight container for up to three months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
4. What can I use this gravy for?
Applebee’s Stout Gravy pairs well with a variety of dishes such as mashed potatoes, roasted chicken, beef stew, and even as a dip for fries.
5. Can I add other seasonings or herbs to the gravy?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with additional seasonings and herbs like thyme, rosemary, or garlic powder to enhance the flavor to your liking.
6. How can I make the gravy thicker?
If you prefer a thicker gravy, you can increase the amount of flour in the recipe. Start by adding an additional tablespoon of flour and whisking it thoroughly until the desired consistency is achieved.
7. Can I reheat the gravy?
Yes, you can reheat the gravy either on the stovetop or in the microwave. Simply heat it on low heat until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
Now that you have all the information, you’re ready to make Applebee’s Stout Gravy like a pro. Enjoy this delicious and versatile gravy with your favorite dishes and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!