Best Easy Authentic Spicy Ramen Recipe
If you are a fan of Japanese cuisine, then you have surely tasted the delightful and comforting dish called ramen. Ramen is a popular noodle soup dish that originated in Japan and has gained worldwide recognition for its rich flavors and variety of toppings. While there are many variations of ramen, one that stands out is the spicy ramen. In this article, we will share with you the best easy authentic spicy ramen recipe that you can recreate in the comfort of your own kitchen.
– 2 packs of ramen noodles
– 4 cups of chicken broth
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon chili paste
– 2 teaspoons sugar
– 1 cup sliced mushrooms
– 1 cup sliced green onions
– 2 boiled eggs, halved
– 1 cup bean sprouts
– 1 cup sliced cooked chicken or pork
– 1 sheet of nori seaweed, cut into small strips
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer.
2. In a separate pot, cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a pan, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add the soy sauce, chili paste, and sugar to the pan. Stir well to combine.
5. Pour the sauce mixture into the simmering chicken broth. Stir to incorporate the flavors.
6. Add the sliced mushrooms and green onions to the broth. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Divide the cooked ramen noodles into serving bowls.
9. Ladle the hot spicy broth over the noodles, making sure to distribute the mushrooms and green onions evenly.
10. Top each bowl with sliced cooked chicken or pork, boiled eggs, bean sprouts, and nori seaweed.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy the authentic spicy ramen!
Now let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this spicy ramen recipe:
Q1. Can I use other types of noodles instead of ramen noodles?
A1. Yes, you can substitute ramen noodles with udon noodles or even spaghetti if you prefer.
Q2. Can I make the broth less spicy?
A2. Absolutely! Adjust the amount of chili paste according to your preferred level of spiciness.
Q3. Can I make this vegetarian?
A3. Yes, you can substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth and omit the meat toppings.
Q4. Can I add other toppings to the ramen?
A4. Yes, feel free to customize your ramen with additional toppings such as corn, bamboo shoots, or even kimchi.
Q5. How long does it take to make this spicy ramen?
A5. It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, making it a quick and satisfying meal.
Q6. Can I store the leftover broth?
A6. Yes, you can refrigerate the leftover broth for up to 3 days. Just reheat it before serving.
Q7. Can I freeze the cooked ramen noodles?
A7. It is not recommended to freeze the cooked noodles as they may become mushy when thawed. It’s best to cook them fresh.
There you have it, the best easy authentic spicy ramen recipe along with some commonly asked questions. Now, it’s time to gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a bowl of delicious and spicy ramen at home!