Best Easy Banana Bread Recipe: Magnolia
Banana bread is a classic treat loved by many. Whether enjoyed as a breakfast option or a delightful snack, its moist and flavorful texture makes it irresistible. While there are numerous banana bread recipes out there, one that stands out is the Magnolia bakery’s version. Known for their delectable baked goods, Magnolia’s banana bread recipe is an absolute winner. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make this delicious treat.
– 1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
– 2/3 cup vegetable oil
– 2 large eggs
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
– 1 tsp baking soda
– ¼ tsp salt
– 3 tbsp buttermilk (or substitute with regular milk mixed with 1 tsp vinegar)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry mixture, ensuring each addition is fully combined before adding the next.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
6. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
8. Carefully transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Now that you have the recipe, it’s time to answer a few frequently asked questions about Magnolia’s banana bread:
1. Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to add chopped walnuts, pecans, or even chocolate chips to the batter for some extra texture and flavor.
2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour?
Yes, you can substitute up to half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier twist.
3. Can I use frozen bananas?
Yes, you can use frozen bananas in this recipe. Simply thaw them and mash them before adding them to the batter.
4. Can I make muffins instead of a loaf?
Definitely! Pour the batter into greased or lined muffin cups and bake at the same temperature for approximately 20-25 minutes.
5. How should I store the banana bread?
To keep it fresh, store the banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can refrigerate it for up to a week.
6. Can I freeze the banana bread?
Yes, you can freeze the banana bread. Slice it into individual portions, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil, and place them in a freezer-safe bag. It will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
7. Can I make a vegan version of this recipe?
Yes! Substitute the eggs with flax eggs (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water for each egg) and use a plant-based milk instead of buttermilk. The result will still be delicious!
Now that you have the best easy banana bread recipe from Magnolia bakery, it’s time to enjoy this delectable treat. Gather your ingredients and get ready to savor the mouthwatering aroma of freshly baked banana bread.