Barcelona Wine Bar is a renowned restaurant chain that offers a delightful array of Spanish-inspired cuisine. One of their standout desserts is the Olive Oil Cake, a moist and flavorful treat that pairs perfectly with a glass of wine. In this article, we will take a closer look at their Best Easy Barcelona Wine Bar Olive Oil Cake recipe and how you can recreate it at home.
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 3 large eggs
– 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup whole milk
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
– 1 tablespoon orange zest
– Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until well combined. Add the olive oil, milk, orange juice, and orange zest. Mix until smooth.
4. Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is well combined and free of lumps.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Once cooled, dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar for an elegant finish.
9. Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s address some common questions that may arise:
1. Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can substitute the olive oil with another type of oil, such as vegetable or canola oil. However, keep in mind that using olive oil adds a unique flavor to the cake.
2. Can I use gluten-free flour?
Absolutely! You can replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free alternative, such as almond flour or a gluten-free baking blend.
3. Can I use low-fat milk?
Yes, you can use low-fat milk if you prefer. However, using whole milk adds richness to the cake.
4. Can I add any other flavors to the cake?
Certainly! You can experiment with adding different flavors to the cake, such as lemon zest, almond extract, or even a splash of rum.
5. How should I store the cake?
To keep the cake fresh, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can refrigerate it for up to a week.
6. Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can freeze the Olive Oil Cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
7. Can I make cupcakes instead of a whole cake?
Absolutely! You can divide the batter into lined cupcake tins and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to gather your ingredients and start baking this delectable Barcelona Wine Bar Olive Oil Cake. Enjoy!