Best Easy Bear Paws Cookies Recipe
If you are a fan of delicious, soft, and chewy cookies, then you must try the best easy Bear Paws cookies recipe. These cookies are the perfect combination of a buttery, sweet, and nutty taste that will leave you craving for more. The best part is that they are extremely easy to make, requiring just a few simple ingredients. So, let’s dive into this mouthwatering recipe!
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup brown sugar, packed
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next one. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the butter mixture, mixing well after each addition.
5. If desired, fold in the chopped walnuts or pecans.
6. Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
7. Gently press each cookie ball with the back of a fork to create a crisscross pattern, flattening them slightly.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delightful Bear Paws cookies recipe:
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter if that’s what you have on hand. Just remember to reduce the added salt in the recipe by half.
2. Can I substitute any other nuts for walnuts or pecans?
Absolutely! You can use almonds, hazelnuts, or even macadamia nuts. Feel free to experiment with different nut combinations.
3. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
While margarine can be used as a substitute, the taste and texture may vary slightly. Butter is generally recommended for the best flavor.
4. Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough. Form the dough into balls, place them on a baking sheet, and freeze until solid. Then, transfer the frozen dough balls to a freezer bag. When ready to bake, simply thaw them and follow the baking instructions as usual.
5. How long do these cookies stay fresh?
When stored in an airtight container, these cookies can stay fresh for up to a week. However, they are so delicious that they rarely last that long!
6. Can I use a cookie scoop instead of rolling the dough into balls?
Certainly! A cookie scoop can make the process faster and easier. Just ensure that each cookie ball is approximately 1 inch in diameter.
7. Can I add chocolate chips to the recipe?
Of course! Chocolate chips are a delightful addition to these cookies. Simply fold in your desired amount of chocolate chips along with the nuts.
8. Can I make smaller or larger cookies?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the cookies to your preference. Just remember to adjust the baking time accordingly. Smaller cookies may require less time, while larger cookies may need a bit more.
9. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
While whole wheat flour can be used, it will result in a denser and slightly nuttier cookie. If you prefer a lighter texture, it’s best to stick with all-purpose flour.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to whip up a batch of these irresistible Bear Paws cookies. Enjoy!