Bennigan’s Southwest Egg Roll is a popular dish that combines the flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine with the classic egg roll. It is a delicious and satisfying appetizer that can be enjoyed by everyone. If you have been craving this delectable treat but don’t want to go out, why not make it at home? This easy Bennigan’s Southwest Egg Roll recipe will guide you through the process.
– 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
– 1 cup corn, drained
– 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
– 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
– 1/4 cup diced green onion
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 12 egg roll wrappers
– Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced chicken, corn, black beans, shredded cheese, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
2. Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean, flat surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the filling onto the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner over the filling, then fold in the sides, and roll tightly into a cylinder shape. Use a little water to seal the edges of the wrapper.
3. Repeat the process with the remaining egg roll wrappers and filling until all the ingredients are used.
4. In a deep frying pan or a deep fryer, heat vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C). Carefully place the egg rolls in the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the egg rolls from the oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
5. Serve the Bennigan’s Southwest Egg Rolls hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about Bennigan’s Southwest Egg Roll:
Q1. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?
A1. Yes, you can substitute the chicken with cooked ground beef, shredded pork, or even grilled shrimp.
Q2. Is it possible to make the egg rolls in advance and freeze them?
A2. Yes, you can prepare the egg rolls ahead of time and freeze them. Just make sure to place them in an airtight container or freezer bag before freezing.
Q3. Can I bake the egg rolls instead of frying them?
A3. Yes, you can bake the egg rolls in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Q4. What other vegetables can I add to the filling?
A4. You can add diced zucchini, shredded carrots, or even chopped spinach to the filling for added flavor and nutritional value.
Q5. Can I use a different type of cheese?
A5. Yes, you can use cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, or a combination of different cheeses to suit your taste.
Q6. Are there any vegetarian options for this recipe?
A6. You can omit the chicken and add extra vegetables or use a meat substitute such as tofu or tempeh.
Q7. Can I use store-bought egg roll wrappers?
A7. Yes, you can find egg roll wrappers in the freezer section of most grocery stores or at Asian supermarkets.
Q8. How long can I store the leftover egg rolls?
A8. Leftover egg rolls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Q9. Can I serve these egg rolls as a main dish?
A9. Yes, you can serve them as a main dish along with a side of rice or a fresh salad for a complete meal.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to put your cooking skills to the test and enjoy the mouthwatering Bennigan’s Southwest Egg Rolls in the comfort of your own home.