Best Easy Blueberry Jam Cake Recipe
Blueberry jam cake is a delicious treat that is loved by both children and adults. It is a perfect dessert for any occasion or even as a sweet snack. Whether you are a baking enthusiast or a beginner, this easy blueberry jam cake recipe is sure to impress your friends and family. The combination of moist cake and sweet blueberry jam creates a burst of flavors in every bite. So, let’s get started on making this delightful dessert!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup blueberry jam
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or do this by hand.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
6. Pour half of the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
7. Dollop the blueberry jam on top of the batter, then spread it gently with a spatula, making sure it is evenly distributed.
8. Pour the remaining batter over the blueberry jam and smooth the top.
9. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Once the cake has cooled, you can serve it as is or dust it with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
Now that you have successfully baked this delicious blueberry jam cake, let’s answer some common questions about it:
1. Can I use frozen blueberries instead of blueberry jam?
Yes, you can. However, using blueberry jam gives the cake a more concentrated and intense blueberry flavor.
2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for any additional modifications.
3. Can I use a different type of jam?
Absolutely! While blueberry jam is recommended, you can experiment with other flavors like strawberry, raspberry, or mixed berry jams.
4. Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can bake the cake a day in advance and store it in an airtight container at room temperature. Just make sure to dust it with powdered sugar before serving.
5. Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake. Ensure it is completely cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and store it in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
6. Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the batter?
Absolutely! Feel free to add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for added texture and flavor.
7. Can I use a different shape of cake pan?
Yes, you can use a different shape of cake pan, but remember to adjust the baking time accordingly as different pans may require different baking times.
8. Can I use buttermilk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can substitute regular milk with buttermilk for a tangier flavor. Just remember to adjust the baking powder and baking soda accordingly.
9. Can I use this recipe to make cupcakes instead of a cake?
Yes, you can use this recipe to make cupcakes. Simply divide the batter evenly among lined cupcake tins and adjust the baking time to around 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy your delicious blueberry jam cake with a cup of tea or coffee, and impress everyone with your baking skills!