Best Easy Bon Appétit Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies wafting through your home. The combination of warm, gooey chocolate and buttery cookie dough is simply irresistible. If you’re on the hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, look no further. The Bon Appétit Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is not only easy to make but also guarantees a batch of cookies that will leave you wanting more.
– 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup brown sugar, packed
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
6. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may still appear slightly undercooked, but they will set as the cookies cool.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about the Bon Appétit Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe:
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter, but you may want to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe to maintain the right balance of flavors.
2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour?
Yes, you can substitute up to half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour. However, keep in mind that whole wheat flour tends to make cookies denser.
3. How do I store these cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the dough or baked cookies for longer storage.
4. Can I add nuts or other mix-ins to the recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to add chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or even dried fruits to the dough for added texture and flavor.
5. Can I make smaller or larger cookies?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the cookies based on your preference. Just remember to adjust the baking time accordingly.
6. Can I use dark chocolate or white chocolate chips instead?
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate chips you prefer. Dark chocolate and white chocolate chips work well in this recipe.
7. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or even triple the recipe to make larger batches of cookies. Just make sure you have enough oven space and adjust the baking time if needed.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get baking! Prepare to indulge in the ultimate chocolate chip cookie experience with this easy Bon Appétit recipe. Enjoy!