Best Easy Braised Spare Ribs Recipe
Spare ribs are a popular and delicious cut of meat that can be enjoyed in various ways. One of the easiest and most flavorful methods of cooking spare ribs is through braising. Braising spare ribs helps to tenderize the meat and infuse it with a mouthwatering combination of flavors. So, let’s dive into the best easy braised spare ribs recipe that will leave you craving for more!
– 2 lbs of spare ribs
– 1 onion, diced
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup of beef broth
– 1/2 cup of soy sauce
– 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Chopped green onions for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. Season the spare ribs with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
4. Place the spare ribs in the pot and sear them until they are browned on all sides. This will take about 5 minutes per side.
5. Remove the spare ribs from the pot and set them aside.
6. In the same pot, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté them until they are fragrant and slightly softened.
7. Add the beef broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and brown sugar to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
8. Return the spare ribs to the pot, ensuring they are submerged in the sauce.
9. Cover the pot with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven.
10. Let the spare ribs braise in the oven for approximately 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender and easily pulls off the bone.
11. Once the spare ribs are cooked, remove them from the pot and transfer them to a serving platter.
12. Strain the remaining sauce through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any solids.
13. Pour the sauce over the spare ribs, ensuring they are evenly coated.
14. Garnish with chopped green onions for added freshness and presentation.
Now that you know the best easy braised spare ribs recipe, it’s time to answer some common questions:
1. Can I use baby back ribs instead of spare ribs?
Yes, you can use baby back ribs instead of spare ribs. The cooking time may vary slightly, so adjust accordingly.
2. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Absolutely! Follow the same steps until step 9, then transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
3. Can I use a different type of sauce?
Yes, you can experiment with different sauces such as barbecue sauce or teriyaki sauce to customize the flavor to your liking.
4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the spare ribs ahead of time and reheat them when ready to serve. The flavors will even intensify after a day or two.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover braised spare ribs in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
6. What can I serve with braised spare ribs?
Braised spare ribs pair well with mashed potatoes, coleslaw, cornbread, or steamed vegetables.
7. Can I use pork spare ribs instead of beef?
Yes, you can use pork spare ribs instead of beef spare ribs. The cooking time may vary, so adjust accordingly.
Now that you have all the information, it’s time to gather the ingredients and start cooking this incredible easy braised spare ribs recipe. Get ready for a mouthwatering, fall-off-the-bone experience that will leave everyone at the table begging for seconds!