Best Easy Brenda Gantt Recipe for Cabbage Casserole
Cabbage casserole is a comforting and hearty dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are looking for a side dish for a holiday meal or a comforting weeknight dinner, Brenda Gantt’s cabbage casserole is sure to please. This recipe is not only delicious, but it is also easy to make, making it a staple in many households. Let’s take a closer look at this incredible recipe.
– 1 medium-sized cabbage, shredded
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 can of cream of chicken soup
– 1 cup of sour cream
– 1 sleeve of buttery round crackers, crushed
– 1/4 cup of butter, melted
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
3. Add the shredded cabbage to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the cabbage is slightly wilted.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Mix well.
5. Add the cabbage mixture to the soup and sour cream mixture. Stir until well combined.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Transfer the mixture to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
8. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top of the cabbage mixture.
9. In a small bowl, combine the crushed buttery round crackers with the melted butter. Mix until the crackers are coated in butter.
10. Sprinkle the buttered crackers over the cheese layer.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly and the top is golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some frequently asked questions about Brenda Gantt’s cabbage casserole:
Q1. Can I use a different type of cheese in this recipe?
A1. Yes, you can substitute the cheddar cheese with any cheese of your choice, such as mozzarella or Swiss.
Q2. Can I use a different type of soup instead of cream of chicken?
A2. Yes, you can use cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup instead.
Q3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A3. Yes, you can prepare the casserole up until step 9, cover it tightly, and refrigerate it overnight. When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator, sprinkle with cheese and crackers, and bake as directed.
Q4. Can I freeze the leftovers?
A4. Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Q5. Can I add meat to this casserole?
A5. Absolutely! You can add cooked bacon, ground beef, or shredded chicken to make it a heartier dish.
Q6. Can I substitute the sour cream with Greek yogurt?
A6. Yes, Greek yogurt can be used as a healthier alternative to sour cream.
Q7. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
A7. Yes, you can omit the cream of chicken soup and use vegetable broth or cream of mushroom soup instead.
Brenda Gantt’s cabbage casserole is a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family. With its easy preparation and scrumptious flavors, it is sure to become a favorite in your household. So, give this recipe a try and let your taste buds be delighted!