Best Easy Bruce’s Canned Yams Recipes
Bruce’s Canned Yams are a versatile and delicious ingredient that can be used in a variety of sweet and savory dishes. Packed with natural sweetness and a creamy texture, these canned yams are the perfect addition to any meal. Whether you are hosting a holiday dinner or simply looking to add some flavor to your weeknight meals, here are some of the best and easiest recipes using Bruce’s Canned Yams.
1. Candied Yams: This classic recipe is a crowd-pleaser. Simply drain the yams and place them in a baking dish. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Pour the mixture over the yams and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and broil until golden brown.
2. Sweet Potato Casserole: Combine mashed yams with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Spread the mixture into a baking dish and top with a pecan streusel made from chopped pecans, brown sugar, flour, and butter. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until the topping is golden and crispy.
3. Yam and Black Bean Enchiladas: Sauté onions and garlic in a skillet until translucent. Add drained and rinsed black beans, canned yams, diced tomatoes, and spices such as cumin and chili powder. Roll the mixture in tortillas, place them in a baking dish, and top with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
4. Yam and Spinach Salad: Combine drained yams with fresh baby spinach, sliced red onions, crumbled feta cheese, and toasted pecans. Drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette made from olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt. Toss the ingredients together and serve as a refreshing side dish.
5. Yam and Sausage Skillet: Cook sliced sausage in a skillet until browned. Add drained yams, sliced bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded together. Serve with rice or quinoa for a hearty meal.
6. Yam and Coconut Curry: Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger in a large pot until fragrant. Add drained yams, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry powder, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the yams are tender. Serve over steamed rice or with naan bread.
7. Yam and Pumpkin Soup: In a large pot, sauté onions, garlic, and celery until softened. Add drained yams, canned pumpkin, vegetable broth, and spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and thyme. Simmer for 30 minutes, then blend until smooth. Serve the soup with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about Bruce’s Canned Yams:
1. Are Bruce’s Canned Yams already cooked?
No, Bruce’s Canned Yams are not cooked. They are packed raw and need to be cooked before eating or using in recipes.
2. Can I substitute fresh yams for canned yams in these recipes?
Yes, you can substitute fresh yams for canned yams. However, you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
3. How long can I store Bruce’s Canned Yams?
Unopened cans of Bruce’s Canned Yams can be stored for up to two years. Once opened, transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days.
4. Are Bruce’s Canned Yams gluten-free?
Yes, Bruce’s Canned Yams are gluten-free and suitable for individuals with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
5. Can I use Bruce’s Canned Yams in desserts?
Yes, Bruce’s Canned Yams can be used in a variety of desserts like pies, cakes, and cookies.
6. Are Bruce’s Canned Yams healthier than fresh yams?
Bruce’s Canned Yams are just as nutritious as fresh yams. They are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
7. Where can I buy Bruce’s Canned Yams?
Bruce’s Canned Yams are widely available in grocery stores and can also be purchased online.
In conclusion, Bruce’s Canned Yams are a convenient and delicious ingredient that can be used to create a wide range of dishes. From classic candied yams to exotic curries, these recipes will surely impress your family and friends. So grab a can of Bruce’s Canned Yams and get cooking!