Brussel sprouts have gained popularity in recent years, and for a good reason. These tiny, cabbage-like vegetables are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. If you’re looking for an easy and mouthwatering Brussel sprouts recipe, look no further than the Cooper’s Hawk version. Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants is known for its delectable dishes, and their Brussel sprouts recipe is no exception. Let’s dive into the details of this appetizing dish and learn how you can recreate it at home.
Cooper’s Hawk Brussel sprouts recipe is a simple yet flavorful combination of crispy roasted Brussel sprouts, tangy balsamic glaze, and savory bacon. The secret lies in the technique of roasting the sprouts to perfection, giving them a delightful crunch while preserving their natural taste. The bacon adds a touch of smokiness, while the balsamic glaze enhances the overall flavor profile.
To make this dish at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1 lb Brussel sprouts
– 4 slices of bacon, diced
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Balsamic glaze for drizzling
Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating Cooper’s Hawk Brussel sprouts:
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Trim the ends of the Brussel sprouts and cut them in half.
3. In a large bowl, toss the Brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper until well coated.
4. Spread the Brussel sprouts evenly on a baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle the diced bacon over the Brussel sprouts.
6. Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the sprouts are golden brown and crispy.
7. Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
8. Drizzle balsamic glaze over the roasted Brussel sprouts.
9. Serve as a side dish or appetizer.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious Brussel sprouts recipe:
1. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Yes, you can omit the bacon and still enjoy the roasted Brussel sprouts with the balsamic glaze.
2. What can I substitute for bacon?
If you prefer a vegetarian option, you can use smoked tofu or tempeh as a substitute for bacon.
3. Can I use frozen Brussel sprouts?
Fresh Brussel sprouts are recommended for this recipe, as frozen ones may not achieve the same level of crispiness.
4. How long can I store the leftovers?
The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat them in the oven for best results.
5. Can I make the balsamic glaze at home?
Yes, you can make a homemade balsamic glaze by simmering balsamic vinegar on low heat until it thickens and reduces in volume.
6. Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
Certainly! You can experiment with adding other vegetables like carrots, onions, or bell peppers to the mix for added flavor and variety.
7. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, the recipe is naturally gluten-free.
8. Can I use a different type of glaze?
If you prefer a different flavor profile, you can use honey mustard glaze or maple syrup glaze instead of balsamic glaze.
9. Can I make this recipe spicy?
Absolutely! Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce for a spicy kick.
Now that you have all the information and answers to your questions, it’s time to gather the ingredients and start cooking. Enjoy the Cooper’s Hawk Brussel sprouts recipe and savor the deliciousness of this easy-to-make dish!