Best Easy Bush Beans White Chicken Chili Recipe
If you’re looking for a comforting and flavorful dish to warm you up on a chilly day, look no further than this delicious white chicken chili recipe. Packed with protein-rich beans and tender chicken, this hearty dish is not only easy to make but also incredibly satisfying. With the addition of Bush Beans, it adds a unique and delicious twist to the classic chili recipe. So, let’s dive into the best easy Bush Beans white chicken chili recipe!
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 medium onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) Bush Beans Great Northern Beans, undrained
– 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Optional toppings: shredded Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken cubes and cook until browned on all sides. Remove chicken from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until onion becomes translucent and garlic becomes fragrant.
3. Add Bush Beans Great Northern Beans (undrained), diced green chilies, chicken broth, ground cumin, dried oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the flavors meld together and the chili thickens slightly.
5. Return the cooked chicken to the pot and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. If you prefer a spicier chili, you can add more chili powder or a dash of hot sauce.
7. Serve the white chicken chili hot, garnished with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, a dollop of sour cream, chopped green onions, and chopped cilantro.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious white chicken chili recipe.
Q1. Can I use a different type of bean?
A1. While this recipe specifically calls for Bush Beans Great Northern Beans, you can certainly use other types of white beans such as navy beans or cannellini beans.
Q2. Can I use leftover cooked chicken instead of raw chicken?
A2. Absolutely! If you have leftover cooked chicken, simply skip the browning step and add the cooked chicken to the pot along with the beans and other ingredients.
Q3. Can I make this chili vegetarian?
A3. Yes, you can easily make this chili vegetarian by omitting the chicken and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Add extra vegetables like bell peppers or corn for added flavor and texture.
Q4. How can I make this chili spicier?
A4. If you prefer a spicier chili, you can add more chili powder or a dash of hot sauce to amp up the heat.
Q5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
A5. Yes, this white chicken chili freezes well. Allow it to cool completely, then transfer to airtight containers or freezer bags and freeze for up to three months.
Q6. Can I make this chili in a slow cooker?
A6. Absolutely! To make this chili in a slow cooker, simply follow steps 1 and 2 in a skillet on the stovetop, then transfer everything to a slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Q7. Can I add additional vegetables to this chili?
A7. Certainly! Feel free to add vegetables like bell peppers, corn, or even diced tomatoes to add more flavor and nutritional value to the chili.
There you have it! The best easy Bush Beans white chicken chili recipe along with some commonly asked questions and answers. Enjoy this comforting and flavorful dish with your loved ones, and stay warm!