Best Easy Cake Cookies Recipe: Duncan Hines
If you are a fan of quick and delicious treats, then Duncan Hines cake cookies are just what you need. These delightful cookies are made using Duncan Hines cake mix, resulting in a soft and chewy texture that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. With just a few simple ingredients and a short baking time, you can whip up a batch of these delectable cookies in no time.
– 1 box Duncan Hines cake mix (any flavor)
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup mix-ins (chocolate chips, nuts, etc.)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. Stir until well combined and a thick dough forms.
3. Add your desired mix-ins, such as chocolate chips or nuts, and mix well.
4. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. The centers may still appear slightly soft, but they will firm up as they cool.
6. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Enjoy your delicious Duncan Hines cake cookies!
These cake cookies are incredibly versatile, as you can use any flavor of Duncan Hines cake mix to create different variations. Whether you prefer classic chocolate, vanilla, or even funfetti, the possibilities are endless. You can also get creative with your mix-ins, adding anything from white chocolate chips to chopped nuts or even dried fruit.
Now, let’s answer some common questions about this easy cake cookies recipe:
1. Can I use other brands of cake mix?
While Duncan Hines cake mix is recommended for this recipe, you can certainly experiment with other brands. Just make sure to adjust the measurements and follow the instructions on the box accordingly.
2. Can I substitute the vegetable oil with another type of oil?
Yes, you can use canola oil or melted butter as a substitute for vegetable oil. However, keep in mind that it may alter the texture and taste of the cookies slightly.
3. How long do these cookies stay fresh?
These cake cookies can stay fresh for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
4. Can I freeze the dough to bake later?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to 3 months. Simply shape the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze until firm, then transfer the dough balls into a freezer bag. When ready to bake, place the frozen dough balls onto a baking sheet and bake as directed, adding an additional minute or two to the baking time.
5. Can I make these cookies without any mix-ins?
Absolutely! The basic cake cookie recipe is delicious on its own, but mix-ins add an extra layer of flavor and texture.
6. Can I use this recipe to make cookie bars instead?
Yes, you can press the dough into a greased baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the bars to cool before cutting into squares.
7. Can I use this recipe to make smaller or larger cookies?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the cookies by using a smaller or larger scoop. Just keep in mind that the baking time may vary slightly, so keep an eye on them while they’re in the oven.
Indulge in the simplicity and deliciousness of Duncan Hines cake cookies. With this easy recipe, you can satisfy your sweet cravings in no time. Experiment with different flavors and mix-ins to create your own personalized version of these delightful treats. Happy baking!