Best Easy Canned Tuna Recipes Indian
Canned tuna is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make a variety of delicious meals. Whether you are in a hurry or looking for a quick and easy dinner option, canned tuna can come to your rescue. In Indian cuisine, canned tuna can be used to make mouthwatering dishes that are packed with flavor. If you are looking for some inspiration, here are some of the best easy canned tuna recipes Indian:
1. Tuna Curry: Start by heating oil in a pan and adding onions, ginger, and garlic. Once they turn golden brown, add tomatoes, turmeric, chili powder, and salt. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and then add canned tuna. Simmer for a few minutes and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice or roti.
2. Tuna Cutlets: In a bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, canned tuna, chopped onions, green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves, garam masala, and salt. Shape the mixture into small cutlets and shallow fry until golden brown. Serve with mint chutney or ketchup.
3. Tuna Sandwich: Drain the water from the canned tuna and mix it with mayonnaise, chopped onions, green chilies, and salt. Spread the mixture on bread slices and grill until crispy. Serve with a side of salad.
4. Tuna Pulao: Heat oil in a pan and add whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. Add chopped onions and sauté until golden brown. Add rice, water, canned tuna, and salt. Cook until the rice is fluffy and garnish with fried onions and mint leaves. Serve hot with raita.
5. Tuna Masala: In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds, chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, and green chilies. Sauté until the onions turn golden brown. Add canned tuna, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Cook for a few minutes and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with naan or rice.
6. Tuna Curry Noodles: Cook noodles according to the package instructions and set aside. In a pan, heat oil and add onions, ginger, and garlic. Once they turn golden brown, add canned tuna, tomatoes, turmeric, chili powder, and salt. Cook for a few minutes and add the cooked noodles. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
7. Tuna Tikki: In a bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, canned tuna, chopped onions, ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves, garam masala, and salt. Shape the mixture into small tikkis and shallow fry until crispy. Serve with mint chutney or tamarind chutney.
Questions and Answers:
1. Can I use fresh tuna instead of canned tuna in these recipes?
Yes, you can use fresh tuna in these recipes. However, canned tuna is more convenient and readily available.
2. Are these recipes suitable for vegetarians?
No, these recipes contain tuna which is a fish. They are not suitable for vegetarians.
3. Can I use any type of canned tuna?
Yes, you can use any type of canned tuna, such as chunk light, solid white, or flaked.
4. Can I substitute mayonnaise with yogurt in the tuna sandwich recipe?
Yes, you can substitute mayonnaise with yogurt if you prefer a healthier option.
5. Can I add vegetables to these recipes?
Yes, you can add vegetables like peas, carrots, or bell peppers to enhance the flavor and nutritional value of these dishes.
6. How long can I store these dishes in the refrigerator?
You can store these dishes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
7. Can I freeze these dishes?
It is not recommended to freeze these dishes as the texture of the tuna may change after thawing. It is best to consume them fresh.