If you’re a fan of hearty and flavorful chili, then you’ll love this delicious and easy Carne Asada Chili recipe. Combining the bold flavors of traditional chili with the smoky and tangy elements of Carne Asada, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and satisfy your hunger. So, let’s dive right in and discover how to make this mouthwatering dish.
– 1 pound Carne Asada, thinly sliced
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
– 2 cans (14 ounces each) diced tomatoes
– 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 cup beef broth
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 tablespoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, diced avocado
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the Carne Asada slices and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add the diced onion, minced garlic, and diced bell peppers. Sauté until the vegetables are softened and fragrant.
3. Add the minced jalapeno peppers, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
4. Return the Carne Asada to the pot and mix it with the chili mixture. Reduce the heat to low and let the chili simmer for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
5. Taste the chili and adjust the seasonings according to your preference.
6. Serve the Carne Asada Chili hot, and if desired, top it with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, and diced avocado. Enjoy!
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious Carne Asada Chili recipe:
1. Can I use a different type of meat instead of Carne Asada?
Absolutely! While Carne Asada adds a unique flavor, you can substitute it with other cuts of beef, such as flank steak or skirt steak.
2. Can I make this chili in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can! Simply follow the same steps until step 3, then transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Can I use canned chili beans instead of kidney and black beans?
Certainly! Canned chili beans will work just fine and add extra flavor to the dish.
4. Is this chili recipe spicy?
The spiciness can be adjusted according to your preference. If you prefer a milder chili, reduce the amount of chili powder and jalapeno peppers.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Absolutely! This Carne Asada Chili freezes well. Simply let it cool completely, portion it into airtight containers or freezer bags, and freeze for up to 3 months.
6. Can I add other vegetables to the chili?
Certainly! Feel free to add corn, zucchini, or any other vegetables you enjoy to make it even more nutritious and flavorful.
7. Can I make this chili vegetarian or vegan?
Yes, you can! Simply omit the Carne Asada and replace the beef broth with vegetable broth. Add additional vegetables or plant-based protein alternatives like tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian or vegan version.
Now that you have all the information and answers to your questions, it’s time to get cooking and savor the deliciousness of this Carne Asada Chili recipe. Enjoy!