Best Easy Carrabba’s Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
If you are a fan of Italian cuisine, you must have tried Carrabba’s Tomato Basil Soup. This delicious and comforting soup is a perfect blend of flavors that will leave you craving for more. Luckily, you can now recreate this scrumptious dish in the comfort of your own kitchen with this easy recipe. Let’s dive into the details of this mouthwatering Carrabba’s Tomato Basil Soup recipe!
– 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole tomatoes, undrained
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. In a blender or food processor, puree the whole tomatoes until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until translucent and fragrant.
3. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for an additional minute.
4. Add the tomato puree, chicken broth, and sugar to the pot. Stir well to combine.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
6. Stir in the chopped basil leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Slowly pour in the heavy cream, stirring continuously until well incorporated.
8. Continue to cook the soup for an additional 5 minutes, allowing it to thicken slightly.
9. Remove the pot from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
10. Ladle the tomato basil soup into bowls and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
11. Serve hot and enjoy!
Now that you have the recipe for Carrabba’s Tomato Basil Soup, it’s time to answer some common questions that may arise:
Q1. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?
A1. Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes if you prefer. Peel and deseed them before blending.
Q2. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter option?
A2. Yes, you can use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream, but it may alter the texture and richness of the soup.
Q3. Can I freeze the soup for later use?
A3. Yes, you can freeze the soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat on the stovetop before serving.
Q4. Can I add other vegetables to the soup?
A4. Certainly! You can add diced carrots, celery, or bell peppers for added flavor and texture.
Q5. Can I make this soup vegan?
A5. Yes, you can substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth and omit the butter and cream. Use a non-dairy alternative for a creamy texture.
Q6. How can I make the soup spicier?
A6. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to give the soup a kick.
Q7. What are some suggested toppings for the soup?
A7. Aside from grated Parmesan cheese, you can also garnish the soup with croutons, fresh basil leaves, or a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Now that you have all the necessary information, it’s time to put on your apron and get cooking! Enjoy the comforting flavors of Carrabba’s Tomato Basil Soup in the comfort of your own home. Bon appétit!