Casa Ole is a beloved Tex-Mex restaurant chain known for its flavorful dishes and vibrant atmosphere. One of their standout menu items is their delicious red sauce, which adds a burst of flavor to any dish. If you’re a fan of Casa Ole’s red sauce, you’re in luck! We’ve got the best easy Casa Ole red sauce recipe for you to recreate the magic at home.
– 2 large tomatoes, diced
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for heat)
– 1 cup chicken broth
1. In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the saucepan and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
3. Add the diced tomatoes to the saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
4. Stir in the chili powder, cumin powder, paprika, dried oregano, sugar, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using). Mix well to combine all the spices.
5. Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are completely soft and the flavors have melded together.
6. Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
7. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until you achieve a smooth consistency. Be careful when blending hot liquids, as they can expand and splatter.
8. Once blended, return the sauce to the saucepan and heat it over low-medium heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Taste and adjust the seasonings according to your preference. Add more salt, sugar, or spices if desired.
10. Remove from heat and let the sauce cool before transferring it to an airtight container. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Now that you have the recipe for the best easy Casa Ole red sauce, you can enjoy the flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine in the comfort of your own home. Whether you use it as a dipping sauce for chips, a topping for enchiladas, or a base for tacos, this vibrant and flavorful sauce is sure to elevate any dish.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Casa Ole red sauce:
Q1. Can I substitute fresh tomatoes with canned tomatoes?
A1. Yes, you can use canned tomatoes if you don’t have fresh ones. Use about 1 can (14-16 ounces) of diced tomatoes.
Q2. Is there a vegetarian version of this sauce?
A2. Yes, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make it vegetarian-friendly.
Q3. Can I make a larger batch and freeze it?
A3. Yes, you can double or triple the recipe and freeze the sauce in smaller portions for later use. Just make sure to cool it completely before freezing.
Q4. How spicy is the sauce with cayenne pepper?
A4. The cayenne pepper adds a mild to medium heat to the sauce. If you prefer a spicier sauce, you can increase the amount of cayenne pepper or add some chopped jalapeños.
Q5. Can I use this sauce as a marinade?
A5. Absolutely! The Casa Ole red sauce can be used as a flavorful marinade for meats, such as chicken or beef.
Q6. Can I adjust the consistency of the sauce?
A6. Yes, if you prefer a thinner sauce, you can add more chicken broth or water. If you want a thicker sauce, you can simmer it longer to reduce the liquid.
Q7. Can I add other vegetables to the sauce?
A7. While the traditional Casa Ole red sauce recipe focuses on tomatoes, onions, and garlic, you can experiment by adding other vegetables like bell peppers or carrots for added flavor and texture.
Now that you have all the information you need, go ahead and whip up a batch of this scrumptious Casa Ole red sauce to enjoy with your favorite Tex-Mex dishes!