Best Easy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe Paula Deen
If you are looking for a delicious and comforting meal that will satisfy your cheeseburger cravings, then look no further than Paula Deen’s Easy Cheeseburger Soup recipe. This hearty soup is packed with all the flavors of a classic cheeseburger, making it the perfect dish for a cozy night in. With simple ingredients and easy steps, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 cups chicken broth
– 2 cups milk
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 cup diced tomatoes
– 1 cup diced dill pickles
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 1/4 cup yellow mustard
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Optional toppings: crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, shredded cheese
1. In a large pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Once cooked, remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
2. In the same pot, melt the butter and sauté the onions and garlic until they become translucent.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the onions and garlic, stirring constantly for about 1 minute to create a roux.
4. Slowly pour in the chicken broth and milk, stirring continuously to avoid any lumps.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
6. Stir in the cooked ground beef, diced tomatoes, dill pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Let the soup simmer for another 10 minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together.
8. Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted and well combined.
9. Serve the soup hot, garnished with crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, and additional shredded cheese if desired.
Now that the soup is ready, it’s time to enjoy this comforting and flavorful dish. But before you dig in, here are some frequently asked questions about Paula Deen’s Easy Cheeseburger Soup recipe:
1. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Yes, you can substitute ground turkey for a leaner option.
2. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Absolutely! This soup freezes well. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and thaw it thoroughly before reheating.
3. Can I use different types of cheese?
While cheddar cheese adds a classic cheeseburger flavor, feel free to experiment with other cheeses like American or Swiss.
4. Can I omit the pickles if I don’t like them?
Yes, you can leave out the pickles if you prefer. However, they do add a nice tangy flavor to the soup.
5. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes?
Fresh tomatoes can be used, but make sure to dice them before adding to the soup. Canned diced tomatoes are more convenient and give a consistent flavor.
6. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
Yes, you can substitute vegetable broth if you prefer a vegetarian version of the soup.
7. How long will the leftovers last in the refrigerator?
The soup will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Just make sure to store it properly in a sealed container.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to whip up a batch of Paula Deen’s Easy Cheeseburger Soup and indulge in its comforting flavors. Enjoy!