Best Easy Cheesy Garlic Knots Recipe
Garlic knots are a popular Italian appetizer that is loved by many. These deliciously cheesy and garlicky treats make the perfect addition to any meal or can be enjoyed on their own as a snack. While they may seem complicated to make, this easy cheesy garlic knots recipe will have you whipping up a batch in no time.
– 1 package of refrigerated pizza dough
– ½ cup of melted butter
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
– 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the pizza dough onto a floured surface and cut it into 1-inch wide strips.
3. Take each strip of dough and tie it into a knot. Place the knots onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each knot.
4. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, and dried parsley. Mix well.
5. Brush each knot with the garlic butter mixture, making sure to coat them evenly.
6. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the knots, ensuring that they are well-covered.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the knots are golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about this delicious treat.
1. Can I use homemade pizza dough instead of store-bought?
Absolutely! If you have the time and prefer homemade dough, go ahead and use it. Just make sure it is rolled out to the right thickness and follow the recipe as directed.
2. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Of course! While mozzarella is the traditional choice, you can experiment with other cheeses like cheddar, Monterey Jack, or even a blend of different cheeses.
3. Can I add additional toppings to the knots?
Certainly! If you’re feeling adventurous, you can add toppings like chopped fresh herbs, grated Parmesan cheese, or even cooked bacon bits for some extra flavor.
4. Can I make the garlic knots ahead of time?
Yes, you can! After baking, let the knots cool completely and store them in an airtight container. When you’re ready to serve, simply reheat them in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes until warm.
5. Can I freeze the garlic knots?
Absolutely! Once baked, let them cool completely, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. To reheat, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and warm them in the oven as mentioned above.
6. Can I use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic?
Yes, you can substitute 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for the minced fresh garlic if desired. Adjust the amount to your taste preference.
7. Can I use this recipe for a gluten-free version?
Yes, you can use gluten-free pizza dough to make these garlic knots. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for baking time and temperature.
Now that you have all the information you need, get ready to impress your family and friends with these deliciously easy cheesy garlic knots. Enjoy!