Best Easy Chicken Piccata With Mushrooms Recipes
Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish that combines tender chicken breast with a tangy lemon and caper sauce. Adding mushrooms to this already delicious dish brings an earthy flavor and a delightful texture. Here are some of the best and easiest chicken piccata with mushrooms recipes that you can try at home.
1. Classic Chicken Piccata with Mushrooms: Start by sautéing sliced mushrooms in butter until they are golden brown. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set them aside. Next, cook the chicken breasts in the same pan until they are golden on both sides. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers to the pan, and simmer until the sauce thickens. Finally, return the mushrooms to the pan and cook for another minute or two. Serve the chicken piccata with mushrooms over pasta or rice.
2. Creamy Chicken Piccata with Mushrooms: For a richer and creamier version of this dish, add a splash of heavy cream to the sauce. After cooking the chicken breasts, remove them from the pan and set them aside. In the same pan, melt butter and sauté sliced mushrooms. Once the mushrooms are cooked, add chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir in the heavy cream. Cook until the sauce thickens, then return the chicken to the pan and cook for a few more minutes. Serve the creamy chicken piccata with mushrooms over mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.
3. One-Pot Chicken Piccata with Mushrooms: This recipe simplifies the process by cooking everything in one pot. Start by browning the chicken breasts in a large skillet. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside. In the same pan, sauté sliced mushrooms and garlic until they are golden. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, capers, and uncooked linguine pasta. Cover the pan and simmer until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened. Return the chicken to the pan and cook for a few more minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
4. Sheet Pan Chicken Piccata with Mushrooms: This recipe takes the hassle out of cooking by using a sheet pan. Start by tossing sliced mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and lemon slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange the chicken breasts on the sheet pan and top them with the mushroom mixture. Roast in the oven until the chicken is cooked through. In a separate pan, melt butter and sauté minced garlic. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers, and cook until the sauce thickens slightly. Pour the sauce over the chicken and mushrooms and serve.
5. Grilled Chicken Piccata with Mushrooms: For a lighter and healthier version of this dish, grill the chicken breasts instead of cooking them in a pan. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil, then grill until cooked through. In a separate pan, sauté sliced mushrooms in olive oil until golden. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers, and simmer until the sauce thickens. Serve the grilled chicken piccata with mushrooms over a bed of mixed greens or alongside roasted vegetables.
Questions and Answers:
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in these recipes?
Yes, you can substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken thighs may take a bit longer to cook.
2. Can I use dried mushrooms instead of fresh mushrooms?
Yes, you can use dried mushrooms. Just rehydrate them in warm water before using them in the recipes.
3. Can I omit the capers in these recipes?
If you’re not a fan of capers, you can omit them. However, they add a unique tangy flavor to the dish, so you might want to give them a try.
4. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
Yes, you can use vegetable broth as a substitute for chicken broth if you prefer a vegetarian version of these recipes.
5. Can I make these recipes ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the chicken piccata with mushrooms ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. Just store the cooked dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
6. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers. Just make sure to store them in a freezer-safe container and label them with the date.
7. Can I use a different type of pasta instead of linguine?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta that you prefer, such as spaghetti or fettuccine.
8. Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken with turkey cutlets or veal scallopini if you prefer.
9. Can I use a different type of cheese to garnish the dish?
While traditional chicken piccata doesn’t usually call for cheese, you can sprinkle some grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese on top if desired.