Best Easy Chicken Rice Potato Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying meal that is quick and easy to prepare, look no further than this amazing chicken rice potato recipe. Packed with flavor and wholesome ingredients, this dish is perfect for any occasion. Here’s how to make it:
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 4 medium-sized potatoes, washed and diced
– 1 cup long-grain rice
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Season the chicken breasts with paprika, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and sear them for about 3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
5. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
6. In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
7. Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the rice to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Pour 2 cups of water into the skillet and bring it to a boil.
10. Place the seared chicken breasts on top of the rice and potato mixture.
11. Cover the skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and transfer it to the preheated oven.
12. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the rice and potatoes are tender.
13. Remove the skillet from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
14. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I use brown rice instead of long-grain rice?
Yes, you can use brown rice, but keep in mind that the cooking time may be longer. Add an extra 1/4 cup of water and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
3. Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables like carrots, peas, or bell peppers to enhance the flavors and make it a complete one-pot meal.
4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dish up until step 10, then cover the skillet and refrigerate. When you’re ready to serve, simply bake it in the oven as instructed.
5. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?
Yes, dried herbs work perfectly fine in this recipe. Just remember to adjust the quantities as dried herbs are more concentrated in flavor.
6. Can I use chicken stock instead of water?
Using chicken stock instead of water will enhance the flavor of the dish, so feel free to make that substitution.
7. Can I use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes?
Certainly! Sweet potatoes will add a delightful sweetness to the dish and work well with the flavors of the chicken and herbs.
8. Can I use bone-in chicken instead of boneless?
Bone-in chicken will work too, but it may require a longer cooking time. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked before serving.
9. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze any leftover portions for future use. Just make sure to store them in airtight containers or freezer bags to maintain freshness.
This easy chicken rice potato recipe is a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone craving for more. Its simple preparation and wonderful flavors make it a go-to option for any weeknight dinner or special occasion. Give it a try and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal!