Chickie and Pete’s is a renowned seafood restaurant chain in the United States, famous for its delectable crab sauce. This sauce is a perfect blend of flavors that complements various seafood dishes, especially crab. If you are a seafood lover, you simply cannot miss out on trying Chickie and Pete’s Crab Sauce. Fortunately, we have a simple and easy recipe that will allow you to recreate this delicious sauce at home. Let’s dive in!
– 2 cups of heavy cream
– 1 cup of chicken broth
– 1 cup of lump crab meat
– 1/4 cup of butter
– 2 tablespoons of flour
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
– 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
2. Gradually add the flour to the butter and garlic mixture, stirring constantly to create a roux. Cook for about 2 minutes until the roux is light golden in color.
3. Slowly pour in the chicken broth while continuing to stir. This will help to create a smooth sauce without any lumps.
4. Add the heavy cream to the saucepan and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Stir occasionally to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to the sauce. Stir well to combine all the flavors.
6. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will help the flavors to meld together and thicken the sauce.
7. Gently fold in the lump crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps too much. Let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes to warm up the crab meat.
8. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed. You can add more Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt, or pepper according to your preference.
9. Once the sauce has reached your desired consistency and flavor, remove it from the heat.
Now that you have prepared the mouthwatering Chickie and Pete’s Crab Sauce, it’s time to enjoy it with your favorite seafood dishes. This sauce pairs perfectly with steamed crab legs, crab cakes, shrimp, or even lobster. The rich and creamy texture of the sauce, combined with the succulent crab meat, will take your seafood dining experience to a whole new level.
Here are some commonly asked questions about Chickie and Pete’s Crab Sauce:
1. Can I use canned crab meat instead of lump crab meat?
Yes, you can use canned crab meat as a substitute. However, the texture and flavor may differ slightly from using fresh lump crab meat.
2. Can I freeze the sauce?
It is not recommended to freeze the sauce, as the consistency may change upon thawing. It is best enjoyed fresh.
3. Can I substitute heavy cream with a lighter alternative?
You can try using half-and-half or whole milk, but keep in mind that the sauce may not be as rich and creamy.
4. Is Old Bay seasoning necessary?
Old Bay seasoning adds a distinctive flavor to the sauce, but you can omit it if you prefer a milder taste.
5. How long can I store the sauce in the refrigerator?
You can store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
6. Can I use the sauce as a dip for other foods?
Absolutely! This sauce is versatile and can be used as a dip for vegetables, bread, or even as a topping for baked potatoes.
7. Can I make the sauce spicy?
If you like a bit of heat, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce to the sauce.
8. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or halve the recipe based on your needs.
9. Can I use this sauce with other seafood dishes?
Certainly! This sauce pairs well with various seafood dishes such as scallops, fish, and even in seafood pasta dishes.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get cooking and enjoy the irresistible Chickie and Pete’s Crab Sauce!