Best Easy Coffee Cake Recipe Eggless
Coffee cakes are a delightful treat that pair perfectly with a warm cup of coffee or tea. However, finding a delicious eggless coffee cake recipe can sometimes be a challenge. Luckily, we have the perfect solution for you! This easy coffee cake recipe is not only eggless but also incredibly moist and flavorful. Whether you have dietary restrictions or simply prefer egg-free desserts, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup unsweetened yogurt
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the streusel topping:
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice. Let it sit for a few minutes until it curdles. This will act as a substitute for eggs.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the yogurt, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and milk-lemon mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. The batter will be thick.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon for the streusel topping. Use your fingers or a fork to mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
7. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the cake batter.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Slice and serve with a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
Now, let’s answer some common questions about this eggless coffee cake recipe:
1. Can I use a different type of flour?
Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend if desired.
2. Can I use a different type of oil?
Of course! Vegetable oil can be replaced with melted coconut oil or any other neutral-tasting oil.
3. Can I use flavored yogurt?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different flavored yogurts such as vanilla, strawberry, or even almond.
4. Can I add nuts or dried fruits to the streusel topping?
Certainly! Chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans, as well as dried fruits like raisins or cranberries, would make a lovely addition to the streusel topping.
5. How should I store the leftover cake?
The cake can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three days. Alternatively, you can refrigerate it for up to a week.
6. Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can! Wrap the cooled cake tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer. It can be frozen for up to three months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
7. Can I make this recipe vegan?
To make this coffee cake vegan, choose a dairy-free yogurt and use a plant-based milk substitute, such as almond or soy milk. Additionally, replace the butter in the streusel topping with vegan butter or coconut oil.
There you have it – a delicious and easy eggless coffee cake recipe that will impress everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions. Enjoy this moist and flavorful treat with a hot cup of coffee or tea, and savor the indulgence!