Are you ready to take your cookie baking to the next level? Look no further than the best easy cookie recipe for cookie stamp! These delightful treats not only taste amazing but also make a beautiful impression with their unique designs. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen.
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla extract, mixing well until fully incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
5. Divide the dough into two equal portions and shape each portion into a disk.
6. Wrap the dough disks in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
7. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Remove one dough disk from the refrigerator and roll it out on a lightly floured surface until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
9. Using your favorite cookie stamp, press firmly into the dough to create a design. Repeat until all the dough is used.
10. Transfer the stamped cookies onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
11. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
12. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
13. Repeat steps 8-12 with the remaining dough.
Now, let’s address some common questions about this recipe:
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, but remember to reduce the amount of added salt by half.
2. Can I substitute the granulated sugar with brown sugar?
Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that brown sugar will result in a slightly softer and chewier texture.
3. Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Absolutely! After shaping the dough into disks, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using.
4. How long do these cookies stay fresh?
When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, they can stay fresh for up to a week.
5. Can I use different flavors instead of vanilla extract?
Yes, feel free to experiment with other extracts like almond, lemon, or even peppermint for a unique twist.
6. Can I use a different stamp design?
Of course! The recipe is versatile, allowing you to use any cookie stamp design you prefer.
7. Can I add decorations like sprinkles or colored sugar?
Absolutely! Feel free to add any decorations before baking the cookies to enhance their appearance.
8. Can I make smaller or larger cookies?
Yes, simply adjust the baking time accordingly. Smaller cookies may require less time, while larger ones may need a bit more.
9. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or halve the recipe depending on your needs. Just remember to adjust the baking time if changing the cookie size.
Now that you know the secret to creating the best easy cookie recipe for cookie stamp, it’s time to gather your ingredients and start baking. Get creative with your designs and enjoy these delicious treats with family and friends. Happy baking!