Best Easy Cupcake Jemma Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Cupcakes are a delightful treat that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Whether it’s a birthday party, a special occasion, or just a sweet craving, cupcakes never fail to bring a smile to our faces. If you’re looking for the perfect vanilla cupcake recipe, look no further than Cupcake Jemma’s easy vanilla cupcake recipe. Her recipe is foolproof and will result in moist and fluffy cupcakes that are packed with flavor.
Here’s how you can make the best easy Cupcake Jemma vanilla cupcakes:
– 125g unsalted butter, softened
– 125g caster sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 125g self-raising flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened unsalted butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift in the self-raising flour and baking powder and fold gently into the butter mixture until just combined.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract and milk until the batter is smooth and well mixed.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake cases, filling each one two-thirds full.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
8. Once baked, remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Now that you have the recipe, here are some commonly asked questions about Cupcake Jemma’s vanilla cupcake recipe:
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
It is best to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe. If you only have salted butter, reduce the amount of additional salt in the recipe.
2. Can I substitute all-purpose flour for self-raising flour?
Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour for self-raising flour by adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder for every 150 grams of all-purpose flour.
3. Can I use almond or other extracts instead of vanilla extract?
Absolutely! You can experiment with different flavors by substituting the vanilla extract with almond, lemon, or other extracts according to your preference.
4. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by substituting the self-raising flour with a gluten-free self-rising flour blend.
5. Can I freeze the cupcakes?
Yes, you can freeze the unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw them at room temperature before frosting.
6. How can I store the frosted cupcakes?
Frosted cupcakes should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Refrigeration may cause the cupcakes to dry out.
7. Can I use this recipe to make a cake instead of cupcakes?
Yes, you can use this recipe to make a cake. Simply adjust the baking time accordingly.
8. What frosting pairs well with these vanilla cupcakes?
Vanilla buttercream, cream cheese frosting, or chocolate ganache are all delicious options to frost these cupcakes.
9. Can I add sprinkles or other toppings to the cupcakes?
Absolutely! Feel free to add sprinkles, chocolate chips, or other toppings to the cupcakes before baking for an extra touch of fun and flavor.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get baking! Enjoy making these easy and delectable Cupcake Jemma vanilla cupcakes.