Best Easy Denver Biscuit Company Recipe
Denver Biscuit Company is a popular breakfast spot in Denver, Colorado, known for their mouthwatering biscuits. If you can’t make it to their restaurant, don’t worry! We have the perfect recipe for you to recreate their delicious biscuits at home. This easy recipe will have you enjoying fluffy and buttery biscuits in no time.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
– 1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix as this can result in tough biscuits.
5. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead it a few times until it comes together. Pat the dough into a 1-inch thick rectangle.
6. Using a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass, cut out biscuits from the dough. Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a small space between each biscuit.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
8. Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about making biscuits.
1. Can I use a different type of flour?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute for all-purpose flour. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste of the biscuits may vary slightly.
2. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter, but remember to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe accordingly.
3. Can I make the dough ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dough in advance. After cutting out the biscuits, place them on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. Bake them the next morning as directed.
4. Can I freeze the baked biscuits?
Yes, you can freeze the baked biscuits. Allow them to cool completely, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw them at room temperature and warm them in the oven for a few minutes.
5. Can I add other ingredients like cheese or herbs to the biscuits?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with your biscuit add-ins. Cheddar cheese, herbs like rosemary or thyme, or even cooked bacon can add extra flavor to your biscuits.
6. Can I make smaller or larger biscuits?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the biscuits to your preference. Just remember to adjust the baking time accordingly. Smaller biscuits will require less time, while larger biscuits may need a few extra minutes.
7. Can I use a different type of milk instead of buttermilk?
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make a substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to a cup of milk. Let it sit for a few minutes until it curdles, then use it as a replacement for buttermilk.
Now that you have all the information, it’s time to get baking! Enjoy the deliciousness of Denver Biscuit Company’s biscuits right in the comfort of your own home.