Disneyland is not only known for its magical attractions and iconic characters but also for its delicious food. One such dish that visitors rave about is the Disneyland Tomato Soup. This creamy and flavorful soup has become a favorite among both children and adults. If you’re a fan of this delectable treat and want to recreate it at home, we have the best easy Disneyland Tomato Soup recipe just for you!
– 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup grated onion
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the grated onion and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
3. Slowly pour in the chicken broth while whisking continuously to avoid lumps.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes, sugar, salt, dried basil, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove the soup from heat and use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree it until smooth.
6. Return the soup to low heat and stir in the heavy cream. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until heated through.
7. Serve the Disneyland Tomato Soup hot with your favorite garnishes, such as croutons, grated cheese, or freshly chopped basil.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about the Disneyland Tomato Soup:
Q1. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned crushed tomatoes?
A1. Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes, but you will need to peel and chop them before adding them to the soup.
Q2. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter option?
A2. Yes, you can use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream. However, the soup may not be as creamy.
Q3. Can I make the soup ahead of time and reheat it later?
A3. Yes, you can make the soup ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Just reheat it on the stovetop over low heat before serving.
Q4. Can I freeze the Disneyland Tomato Soup?
A4. Yes, you can freeze the soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Q5. What other toppings can I use?
A5. Besides croutons, grated cheese, and basil, you can also try adding a dollop of sour cream or a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Q6. Can I make this soup vegetarian?
A6. Yes, you can substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth to make it vegetarian.
Q7. Can I add other vegetables to the soup?
A7. Yes, you can add diced carrots, celery, or bell peppers for extra flavor and texture.
Q8. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried basil?
A8. Yes, you can use fresh basil, but double the amount since dried herbs are more concentrated.
Q9. Can I make this soup in a slow cooker?
A9. Yes, you can cook the soup in a slow cooker on low heat for 4-6 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours.
Now that you have all the information and the recipe, it’s time to bring the magic of Disneyland Tomato Soup to your home. Enjoy this comforting and delicious dish with your loved ones and create your own magical memories!