Cheesecake is a classic dessert loved by many, but sometimes the traditional recipes can be a bit complicated. If you’re looking for a simple and delicious cheesecake recipe without sour cream, you’re in luck! This article will share a fantastic recipe that requires minimal ingredients and effort, resulting in a creamy and flavorful dessert that everyone will enjoy.
– 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/2 cup melted butter
– 2 1/2 cups cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 4 large eggs
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C) and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan to create an even crust.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla extract, and continue to beat until well combined.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and flour until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a dense cheesecake.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared crust, spreading it out evenly with a spatula.
7. Bake the cheesecake for about 60-70 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
8. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for an additional hour to slowly cool down. This helps prevent cracks from forming on the surface.
9. Once cooled, refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and the texture to become firm.
Now that you have a delicious and easy cheesecake recipe, let’s address some common questions that may arise:
Q1. Can I use a different crust for this cheesecake?
A1. Absolutely! You can use crushed cookies, such as Oreos or chocolate graham crackers, or even a traditional pastry crust if you prefer.
Q2. Can I substitute the sugar with a different sweetener?
A2. Yes, you can use alternative sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. However, keep in mind that this may slightly alter the texture and taste of the cheesecake.
Q3. Can I add fruit or chocolate to the batter?
A3. Definitely! Feel free to incorporate your favorite fruits, such as strawberries or blueberries, or mix in chocolate chips for added flavor.
Q4. How do I prevent cracks from forming on the surface?
A4. Slowly cooling the cheesecake in the oven and refrigerating it afterward helps reduce the chances of cracks. Additionally, avoid overmixing the batter and using a water bath during baking can also help.
Q5. Can I freeze this cheesecake?
A5. Yes, you can freeze the cheesecake for up to 2-3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container.
Q6. Can I use low-fat cream cheese for a lighter version?
A6. While it is possible to use low-fat cream cheese, keep in mind that it may affect the texture and richness of the cheesecake.
Q7. Can I add a sour cream topping to this cheesecake?
A7. Absolutely! If you enjoy the tanginess of sour cream, you can add a layer of it on top of the cooled cheesecake before refrigerating.
Q8. Can I make mini cheesecakes with this recipe?
A8. Yes, you can use a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners to create individual-sized mini cheesecakes. Adjust the baking time accordingly, usually around 20-25 minutes.
Q9. How long does this cheesecake last in the refrigerator?
A9. Stored properly in an airtight container, this cheesecake can last up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
In conclusion, this easy cheesecake recipe without sour cream is simple to make and yields a delicious dessert that will impress your friends and family. With its creamy texture and delightful flavors, it’s sure to become a favorite in your household.