Best Easy Fusilli Pasta Recipe
If you’re looking for a simple yet delicious pasta dish to satisfy your cravings, then look no further than this easy fusilli pasta recipe. Fusilli, with its spiral shape, is perfect for holding onto sauces and adding a fun twist to your meal. With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you can whip up a delightful dish that will impress your family and friends. So, let’s get cooking!
– 8 ounces of fusilli pasta
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon of dried basil
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. Cook the fusilli pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute until fragrant.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
4. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
5. Add the cooked fusilli pasta to the skillet and toss until it is evenly coated with the sauce.
6. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the pasta and toss again to incorporate.
7. Remove the skillet from the heat and let it sit for a couple of minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
8. Serve the fusilli pasta in bowls, garnished with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Now, let’s answer some common questions about this easy fusilli pasta recipe:
1. Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any pasta shape you prefer. However, fusilli works best for this recipe as its spirals hold onto the sauce nicely.
2. Can I add meat to this recipe?
Absolutely! If you’d like to add some protein, you can brown ground beef, chicken, or sausage separately and then add it to the sauce.
3. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Simply dice them and cook them down in the skillet until they soften.
4. Can I make this dish vegetarian or vegan?
To make it vegetarian, simply omit the meat. To make it vegan, skip the Parmesan cheese or use a vegan alternative.
5. How can I make this recipe spicier?
If you prefer a spicier pasta, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the sauce while it simmers.
6. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to three months. Just thaw and reheat when you’re ready to enjoy them.
7. What can I serve with this pasta?
A side salad, garlic bread, or roasted vegetables make great accompaniments to this dish.
8. Can I double the recipe?
Certainly! Just double the ingredients accordingly and adjust the cooking time if needed.
9. How long does this recipe take to prepare?
The total time, including preparation and cooking, should take about 25-30 minutes.
Now that you have the recipe and answers to some common questions, it’s time to give this easy fusilli pasta recipe a try. Enjoy the delicious flavors and the simplicity of this dish!