Best Easy Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake Recipe
Carrot cake is a classic dessert loved by many for its moist texture and delicious flavor. If you’re looking for the perfect carrot cake recipe, then the Best Easy Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake Recipe is a must-try. This recipe is not only easy to follow but also guarantees a mouthwatering carrot cake that will impress your family and friends. Let’s dive into the details of this delightful recipe.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 cups grated carrots
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 4 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
– Cream cheese frosting:
– 8 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 4 cups powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
3. Add the grated carrots, vegetable oil, eggs, crushed pineapple, and chopped walnuts (if using) to the dry ingredients. Mix until everything is well combined.
4. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and spread it evenly.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. While the cake is baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting. In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy.
7. Gradually add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture, mixing well after each addition. Finally, stir in the vanilla extract.
8. Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the cream cheese frosting evenly over the top.
9. For an added touch, you can garnish the cake with some grated carrots or chopped walnuts.
Now that you have the recipe, it’s time to answer some common questions related to this delicious carrot cake:
Q1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
A1. Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour, but keep in mind that it may result in a denser texture.
Q2. Can I omit the crushed pineapple?
A2. The crushed pineapple adds moisture and flavor to the cake, but if you prefer not to use it, you can leave it out.
Q3. Can I use a different frosting?
A3. Cream cheese frosting pairs perfectly with carrot cake, but you can experiment with other frostings if you prefer.
Q4. How long does the cake last?
A4. The cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Q5. Can I freeze the cake?
A5. Yes, you can freeze the cake without the frosting. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
Q6. Can I add raisins or coconut to the cake?
A6. Absolutely! Feel free to add raisins or coconut to the batter for additional flavor and texture.
Q7. Can I make cupcakes instead of a cake?
A7. Yes, you can use this recipe to make cupcakes. Adjust the baking time to around 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy this Best Easy Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake Recipe with its moist and flavorful cake paired with creamy cream cheese frosting. It’s sure to become a family favorite for all occasions.