Best Easy Empire Half Turkey Breast Recipe
Turkey is a versatile and delicious protein that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. If you’re looking for a simple and flavorful turkey recipe, look no further than the Empire half turkey breast. This recipe is easy to prepare and yields tender and juicy meat that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for a small gathering or a family dinner, this recipe is sure to impress. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
– 1 Empire half turkey breast (about 3-4 pounds)
– 4 tablespoons butter, melted
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 lemon, sliced
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the Empire half turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, chopped thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
3. Using a basting brush, generously brush the butter mixture all over the turkey breast, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
4. Place the lemon slices on top of the turkey breast for added flavor and moisture.
5. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and place it in the preheated oven.
6. Roast the turkey breast for about 1 hour. Then, remove the foil and continue roasting for an additional 30-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) using a meat thermometer.
7. Once cooked, remove the turkey breast from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and flavorful meat.
8. Slice the turkey breast and serve it with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or cranberry sauce.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s tackle some common questions related to this delicious Empire half turkey breast recipe:
1. Can I use a whole turkey breast instead of a half turkey breast?
Yes, you can use a whole turkey breast for this recipe. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly, as a whole turkey breast will take longer to cook.
2. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?
While fresh herbs provide a more vibrant flavor, you can substitute them with dried herbs if needed. Just remember to use smaller quantities of dried herbs, as they are more concentrated in flavor.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the turkey breast a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Simply reheat it in the oven before serving.
4. Can I use a different type of citrus fruit instead of lemon?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different citrus fruits such as oranges or limes for a unique twist on the recipe.
5. How do I know when the turkey breast is cooked through?
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the turkey breast. Once it reaches 165°F (74°C), it’s safe to eat.
6. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
While margarine can be used as a substitute, keep in mind that butter adds a richer flavor to the turkey breast.
7. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover turkey breast for later use. Just ensure that it’s properly stored in an airtight container or freezer bag to maintain its quality.
Enjoy preparing this easy Empire half turkey breast recipe for your next gathering or family dinner. With its simple preparation and delicious flavors, it’s sure to become a favorite in your household!