Best Easy Fudge Recipe No Condensed Milk
Fudge is a classic dessert loved by people of all ages. Its rich and creamy texture, combined with the sweetness of chocolate, makes it an irresistible treat. While many fudge recipes call for condensed milk, there are alternatives for those who prefer to avoid it. Here, we present the best easy fudge recipe without condensed milk that will have you hooked from the first bite!
– 2 cups of granulated sugar
– 1 cup of heavy cream
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
– 1/4 cup of corn syrup
– 1/4 cup of water
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, heavy cream, butter, corn syrup, and water. Stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
2. Attach a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer reads 238°F (114°C). This should take about 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir until they have melted completely and the mixture is smooth.
5. If desired, mix in the chopped nuts for added texture and flavor.
6. Pour the fudge mixture into a greased 9×9-inch baking dish and spread it evenly.
7. Allow the fudge to cool at room temperature for about 2 hours, or until it is firm and easy to cut.
8. Once cooled, cut the fudge into small squares and serve.
This easy fudge recipe without condensed milk yields a smooth and creamy texture that will melt in your mouth. The combination of sugar, cream, and butter creates the perfect base for the rich chocolate flavor to shine through. The addition of nuts adds a delightful crunch, but feel free to omit them if you prefer a smooth fudge.
Now, let’s address some common questions about this delicious fudge recipe:
1. Can I use milk instead of heavy cream?
Yes, you can substitute milk for heavy cream, but keep in mind that the fudge may not be as creamy and rich.
2. Can I use dark chocolate instead of semisweet?
Absolutely! Dark chocolate will give the fudge a more intense flavor. Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
3. Can I store the fudge at room temperature?
Yes, you can store the fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. If the weather is hot, it is best to store it in the refrigerator.
4. Can I freeze the fudge?
Yes, you can freeze the fudge for up to three months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing.
5. Can I add different flavors to the fudge?
Absolutely! You can experiment with different extracts, such as peppermint or almond, to create unique flavor combinations.
6. Can I use a different type of nut?
Of course! Feel free to use your favorite nuts or omit them altogether if you prefer.
7. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or halve the recipe depending on your needs. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
With this easy fudge recipe without condensed milk, you can indulge in a delectable treat without the need for any specialized ingredients. Give it a try and prepare to be amazed by the creamy, chocolatey goodness that awaits you!