If you’re a fan of Asian flavors and love easy-to-make recipes, then you’re in for a treat with this G Hughes teriyaki chicken recipe. G Hughes is a brand known for its delicious and low-sugar sauces, and their teriyaki sauce is no exception. This recipe is a perfect balance of sweet and savory, and it will surely become a family favorite in no time.
To make this G Hughes teriyaki chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup G Hughes sugar-free teriyaki sauce
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon grated ginger
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
Here’s how you can prepare this delicious dish:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the G Hughes teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Whisk well to combine all the ingredients.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and pour the teriyaki marinade over them. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for best results.
3. Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, reserving the marinade for later use.
4. Grill the chicken breasts for about 6-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Baste the chicken with the reserved marinade during grilling to enhance the flavor.
5. While the chicken is cooking, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. In a separate bowl, whisk the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water until smooth. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the boiling marinade while whisking continuously. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Slice the chicken into thin strips or bite-sized pieces.
7. Drizzle the thickened teriyaki sauce over the sliced chicken, garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired, and serve hot.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about this G Hughes teriyaki chicken recipe:
1. Can I use G Hughes teriyaki sauce for other dishes?
Absolutely! G Hughes teriyaki sauce is versatile and can be used in stir-fries, as a marinade for beef or pork, or as a dipping sauce for appetizers like spring rolls.
2. Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you can use bone-in chicken, but the cooking time may vary. Make sure to adjust the grilling time accordingly, as bone-in chicken usually takes longer to cook.
3. Can I use a different brand of teriyaki sauce?
While G Hughes teriyaki sauce is recommended for this recipe, you can use any brand of teriyaki sauce you prefer. Just keep in mind that the taste and sweetness level may differ.
4. Can I make this recipe in the oven instead of grilling?
Certainly! If you don’t have a grill or grill pan, you can bake the marinated chicken breasts in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
5. Is G Hughes teriyaki sauce gluten-free?
Yes, G Hughes teriyaki sauce is gluten-free, making it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies.
6. Can I freeze the leftover teriyaki chicken?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked teriyaki chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it properly before reheating.
7. Can I use this recipe with tofu or vegetables instead of chicken?
Absolutely! This teriyaki sauce works well with tofu, shrimp, beef, or even a mix of your favorite vegetables. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Now that you have all the information, it’s time to whip up this delicious G Hughes teriyaki chicken recipe and enjoy a flavorful and easy-to-make Asian-inspired meal.