Best Easy Garlic Bread Spread Recipe
Garlic bread is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with pasta, soups, or just about any hearty meal. The combination of crispy bread and the rich, garlicky spread is simply irresistible. While there are many variations of garlic bread spreads out there, we have found the best and easiest recipe that will surely satisfy your taste buds. So, let’s get started!
– 1 loaf of French bread
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the loaf of French bread on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, dried oregano, and dried basil. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
3. Using a knife or a spatula, spread the garlic butter mixture evenly over the top of the French bread.
4. Place the baking sheet with the bread into the preheated oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the bread is crispy and golden brown.
5. Remove the garlic bread from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s address some common questions about this easy garlic bread spread:
Q1: Can I use margarine instead of butter?
A1: While you can use margarine as a substitute, the richness and flavor of real butter will enhance the taste of the garlic bread.
Q2: Can I use dried parsley instead of fresh?
A2: Fresh parsley adds a vibrant flavor, but if you don’t have it on hand, dried parsley can be used as a substitute. However, reduce the amount to 1 tablespoon as the flavor is more concentrated in dried parsley.
Q3: How can I make the garlic bread even more flavorful?
A3: You can add grated Parmesan cheese to the garlic butter mixture for an extra kick of flavor. Sprinkle it over the bread before baking.
Q4: Can I make the garlic bread ahead of time?
A4: Yes, you can prepare the garlic bread ahead of time by spreading the garlic butter mixture on the bread and wrapping it tightly in aluminum foil. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
Q5: Can I use other types of bread?
A5: Absolutely! While French bread is the traditional choice, you can use any bread you prefer, such as Italian bread, ciabatta, or even a baguette.
Q6: Can I freeze the garlic bread?
A6: Yes, you can freeze the garlic bread after baking. Let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before placing it in the freezer. To reheat, simply place it in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 10 minutes.
Q7: Can I add other herbs or spices to the garlic butter mixture?
A7: Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices such as thyme, rosemary, or even a pinch of red pepper flakes to customize the flavor to your liking.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to make this easy garlic bread spread recipe and enjoy it with your favorite meal. Bon appétit!