Gideon’s Bakehouse is a renowned bakery in Orlando, Florida, known for its delectable cookies. Among their many mouth-watering creations, the Gideon’s Pistachio Cookie stands out as a fan favorite. This easy-to-follow recipe allows you to recreate these heavenly treats at home. So, put on your apron and get ready to indulge in the Best Easy Gideon’s Pistachio Cookie Recipe!
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
– 2 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
– 1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer for this step.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing until just combined.
5. Fold in the chopped pistachios and white chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
6. Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop rounded portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie for spreading.
7. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may appear slightly undercooked, but they will firm up as the cookies cool.
8. Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that you have mastered the Best Easy Gideon’s Pistachio Cookie Recipe, it’s time to enjoy these delightful treats! The combination of buttery, nutty pistachios, and creamy white chocolate chips creates a harmonious blend of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
Here are some frequently asked questions about this recipe:
1. Can I use salted pistachios instead of unsalted?
Yes, you can use salted pistachios if you prefer a hint of saltiness in your cookies. Just remember to adjust the amount of salt in the recipe accordingly.
2. Can I substitute the white chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips?
Absolutely! Feel free to swap the white chocolate chips with your preferred type of chocolate. Dark chocolate chips will add a rich and slightly bitter taste to the cookies.
3. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
While you can use margarine as a substitute for butter, it may slightly alter the texture and taste of the cookies. Butter is recommended for the best results.
4. Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for later use. Just shape the dough into individual balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze until firm, then transfer the dough balls to a freezer bag. When ready to bake, simply thaw the dough balls and proceed with the recipe as usual.
5. How long will these cookies stay fresh?
When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these cookies will stay fresh for up to a week. However, they are so delicious that they usually disappear within a couple of days!
6. Can I add other nuts to this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different nuts such as almonds or cashews. Just make sure to adjust the quantity according to your preference.
7. Can I make smaller or larger cookies?
Yes, you can make smaller or larger cookies by adjusting the size of the dough portions. Just keep in mind that the baking time may vary, so keep an eye on them while they are in the oven.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to whip up a batch of these heavenly Gideon’s Pistachio Cookies. Enjoy!