Best Easy Gigi’s Butter Cake Recipe
If you are a fan of rich, moist, and buttery cakes, then Gigi’s Butter Cake is a must-try for you! This recipe is known for its simplicity and deliciousness, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Whether you are a seasoned baker or a beginner, this recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is always a moist and flavorful cake that will leave everyone wanting more.
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and baking powder.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
6. Stir in the vanilla extract until well combined.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly.
8. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions that might arise while making this delicious Gigi’s Butter Cake.
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
While you can use salted butter, it is recommended to use unsalted butter to have better control over the saltiness in the cake.
2. Can I use a different size of baking pan?
Yes, you can use different sizes of baking pans, but the baking time may vary. Keep an eye on the cake and adjust the baking time accordingly.
3. Can I add any additional flavors to the cake?
Absolutely! You can add lemon zest, almond extract, or even chocolate chips to enhance the flavor of the cake.
4. Can I make this cake in advance?
Yes, you can make the cake a day in advance. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
5. Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container or bag. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
6. Can I use a different type of flour?
This recipe is best with all-purpose flour, but you can experiment with different types of flour like cake flour or gluten-free flour. However, the texture and taste may vary.
7. Can I frost the cake?
Absolutely! This cake pairs well with various frostings like buttercream, cream cheese frosting, or even a simple dusting of powdered sugar.
Now that you have all the information you need, go ahead and give this Best Easy Gigi’s Butter Cake recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you for it!