Are you looking for a delicious and easy recipe to satisfy your pasta cravings? Look no further! This article will introduce you to the best ground pork pasta recipe that will leave your taste buds craving for more. With simple ingredients and straightforward steps, you can whip up this delightful dish in no time.
– 1 lb ground pork
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 8 oz penne pasta
– Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
1. In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the ground pork and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
2. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
3. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Stir well to combine.
4. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
5. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
6. Once the sauce has thickened, add the cooked penne pasta to the skillet. Toss gently to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
7. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the pasta and give it a final toss to incorporate.
8. Serve the ground pork pasta hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves for an extra touch of flavor.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s move on to some common questions about this delicious ground pork pasta dish:
1. Can I use a different type of pasta?
Absolutely! While penne pasta works great, you can easily substitute it with any other pasta of your choice, such as spaghetti or fusilli.
2. Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Definitely! Feel free to add some diced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, or even some spinach to enhance the nutritional value and taste.
3. Can I use ground beef instead of ground pork?
Yes, you can substitute ground pork with ground beef if you prefer. The flavors will still be delicious.
4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate it. When you’re ready to serve, simply reheat the sauce and cook the pasta.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Absolutely! This ground pork pasta can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months. Just thaw and reheat when you’re ready to enjoy it again.
6. Can I make this recipe spicy?
If you enjoy some heat, feel free to add more red pepper flakes or even a dash of hot sauce to spice things up to your liking.
7. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned crushed tomatoes?
Certainly! You can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones. Simply blanch, peel, and chop the tomatoes before adding them to the skillet.
Now that you have all the information, it’s time to put your culinary skills to the test and create this mouthwatering ground pork pasta dish. Enjoy!