Best Easy Ground Turkey Quinoa Recipe
Ground turkey is a versatile and healthy alternative to ground beef, and when paired with quinoa, it creates a nutritious and delicious meal. This easy ground turkey quinoa recipe is packed with flavor and can be prepared in no time. Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a meal prep option, this recipe is a winner.
– 1 pound ground turkey
– 1 cup quinoa
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 bell pepper, diced
– 1 zucchini, diced
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, shredded cheese
1. Rinse the quinoa under cold water and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
4. Once the turkey is cooked through, add the bell pepper and zucchini to the skillet. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Add the rinsed quinoa to the skillet and stir to combine.
7. Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
8. Remove the skillet from the heat and let it sit covered for an additional 5 minutes.
9. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and serve hot. Top with avocado, cilantro, or shredded cheese if desired.
Now, let’s answer some common questions about this recipe:
Q1. Can I use ground chicken instead of ground turkey?
A1. Yes, ground chicken can be used as a substitute for ground turkey in this recipe.
Q2. Can I add other vegetables to this dish?
A2. Absolutely! Feel free to add any vegetables of your choice, such as corn, peas, or carrots.
Q3. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
A3. Yes, you can use vegetable broth as a substitute if you prefer a vegetarian version of this recipe.
Q4. Can I make this recipe in advance?
A4. Yes, this recipe is great for meal prep. You can make a batch ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Q5. Is quinoa gluten-free?
A5. Yes, quinoa is naturally gluten-free, making it a suitable option for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
Q6. Can I freeze leftovers?
A6. Absolutely! Allow the leftovers to cool completely, then transfer them to airtight containers or freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
Q7. Can I use different spices?
A7. Yes, feel free to adjust the spices to your liking or experiment with different combinations.
Q8. Can I use a different protein instead of ground turkey?
A8. Of course! Ground chicken, beef, or even plant-based alternatives like tofu or tempeh can be used instead.
Q9. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
A9. Yes, you can adapt this recipe for a slow cooker by browning the ground turkey and sautéing the vegetables before transferring everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Enjoy this easy ground turkey quinoa recipe as a wholesome and satisfying meal. It’s a perfect option for those looking to incorporate more lean protein and whole grains into their diet.