Are you a fan of the famous celebrity chef Guy Fieri? If you are, then you must have heard about his mouthwatering spaghetti sauce recipe! In this article, we will be sharing the best easy Guy Fieri spaghetti sauce recipe that will leave you craving for more. So let’s dive right in!
Guy Fieri is known for his bold flavors and unique cooking style, and his spaghetti sauce recipe is no exception. This recipe combines rich and tangy flavors with a touch of heat, making it the perfect sauce to elevate your spaghetti dish. Here’s how you can make it:
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
– 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
– 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
2. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir in the dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional minute to allow the flavors to meld together.
4. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
5. Add the sugar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir again to incorporate the seasonings.
6. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours if you have the time. The longer it simmers, the more flavorful it will become.
7. While the sauce is simmering, prepare your spaghetti noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain the noodles and set them aside.
8. Serve the cooked spaghetti with a generous ladle of Guy Fieri’s spaghetti sauce on top. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves if desired.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about Guy Fieri’s spaghetti sauce:
1. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Yes, you can substitute ground turkey for a leaner option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time as turkey tends to cook faster than beef.
2. Can I make this sauce ahead of time?
Absolutely! In fact, the flavors tend to develop even more when the sauce is allowed to sit overnight in the refrigerator. Simply reheat it before serving.
3. Can I freeze the sauce?
Yes, this sauce freezes well. Just let it cool completely before transferring it to airtight containers or freezer bags. It should last up to 3 months in the freezer.
4. How spicy is this sauce?
The red pepper flakes add a subtle kick of heat, but you can adjust the amount according to your preference. Start with a smaller amount and add more if desired.
5. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?
Certainly! If you have ripe tomatoes on hand, blanch and peel them, then chop them up and use them in place of the canned tomatoes. However, keep in mind that fresh tomatoes may yield a slightly different flavor and texture.
6. Can I add vegetables to the sauce?
Absolutely! Feel free to add diced bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini to the sauce for extra flavor and nutrition.
7. Can I make this sauce vegan?
Yes, you can omit the ground beef and use plant-based ground meat substitutes or lentils instead. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
8. Can I use this sauce for other pasta dishes?
Definitely! This sauce pairs well with other pasta shapes like penne, fettuccine, or rigatoni. It can also be used as a base for lasagna or baked ziti.
9. Can I make a larger batch of this sauce?
Absolutely! Simply double or triple the ingredients to make a larger quantity. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and taste for seasoning accordingly.
There you have it, the best easy Guy Fieri spaghetti sauce recipe along with some commonly asked questions and answers. Now it’s time for you to get into the kitchen and enjoy a delicious plate of spaghetti with this flavorful sauce. Happy cooking!