Best Easy Honey Garlic Chicken Bites Recipe
If you’re a fan of finger foods and crave something sweet and savory, then this honey garlic chicken bites recipe is just what you need! These bite-sized pieces of tender chicken are coated in a delicious honey garlic sauce that will leave you wanting more. The best part? This recipe is incredibly easy to make, requiring just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time. So, let’s dive into the recipe and get cooking!
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon paprika
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup honey
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon ketchup
– 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons water
– Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix well.
2. Toss the chicken pieces in the flour mixture until they are coated evenly.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. In the meantime, prepare the honey garlic sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, minced garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, and sesame oil. Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan while stirring continuously.
7. Continue to cook the sauce for 2-3 minutes, or until it thickens to your desired consistency.
8. Once the chicken bites are cooked, remove them from the skillet and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
9. Pour the honey garlic sauce over the chicken bites and toss gently to coat them evenly.
10. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions, if desired.
11. Serve the honey garlic chicken bites hot as an appetizer or as a main course with steamed rice or noodles.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious recipe:
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Absolutely! Chicken thighs will work just as well in this recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure they are fully cooked.
2. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend or cornstarch.
3. Can I use a different sweetener instead of honey?
Certainly! You can replace the honey with maple syrup, agave nectar, or any other sweetener of your choice.
4. Can I bake the chicken bites instead of frying them?
Yes, you can bake the chicken bites in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 20-25 minutes, turning them halfway through.
5. Can I make the honey garlic sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the sauce in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just reheat it before tossing it with the chicken bites.
6. Can I freeze the cooked chicken bites?
Absolutely! Allow them to cool completely, then transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply bake them in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) until heated through.
7. Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Certainly! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables, such as bell peppers, broccoli, or snap peas, during the cooking process.
8. Can I make this recipe spicy?
If you enjoy some heat, you can add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the honey garlic sauce.
9. Can I use this recipe for a party?
Absolutely! These honey garlic chicken bites make a perfect party appetizer. Simply double or triple the recipe depending on the number of guests.
There you have it – a delicious and easy honey garlic chicken bites recipe that will satisfy your cravings for a sweet and savory treat. Enjoy!