Best Easy Hot Pickled Cauliflower Recipe
Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in various ways. One delicious way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable is by pickling it. Hot pickled cauliflower is a tangy and spicy snack that can be enjoyed on its own or added to sandwiches, salads, and more. If you’re looking for a simple and tasty recipe to make hot pickled cauliflower at home, look no further. Here is the best easy hot pickled cauliflower recipe that you can try today.
– 1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
– 2 cups white vinegar
– 1 cup water
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 2 tablespoons salt
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
– 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
– 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
– 1 teaspoon dill seeds
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1. In a large pot, bring the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, peppercorns, mustard seeds, dill seeds, and turmeric powder to a boil. Stir well to dissolve the sugar and salt.
2. Add the cauliflower florets to the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until they are slightly tender but still crisp.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower florets to clean, sterilized jars. Leave about 1-inch headspace at the top of each jar.
4. Pour the pickling liquid over the cauliflower in the jars, making sure to cover them completely.
5. Tap the jars gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles and ensure that the cauliflower is fully immersed in the pickling liquid.
6. Seal the jars tightly with lids and let them cool to room temperature.
7. Once cooled, refrigerate the jars for at least 24 hours before consuming. The longer you let them sit, the more flavorful they will become.
8. Enjoy the hot pickled cauliflower on its own as a snack or use it to add a spicy kick to your favorite dishes.
Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions about hot pickled cauliflower:
Q1. How long can I store hot pickled cauliflower?
A1. Hot pickled cauliflower can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Q2. Can I use frozen cauliflower for this recipe?
A2. Fresh cauliflower is recommended for the best texture and flavor. Frozen cauliflower may become too soft when pickled.
Q3. Can I adjust the level of spiciness?
A3. Absolutely! Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of crushed red pepper flakes according to your taste preferences.
Q4. Can I reuse the pickling liquid?
A4. Yes, you can reuse the pickling liquid for another batch of pickled vegetables. Just make sure to bring it to a boil before using it again.
Q5. Can I substitute white vinegar with apple cider vinegar?
A5. While white vinegar is the traditional choice for pickling, you can use apple cider vinegar if you prefer a slightly sweeter flavor.
Q6. Can I add other vegetables to the pickling liquid?
A6. Absolutely! You can experiment with other vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, or onions to create a colorful and flavorful mix.
Q7. Can I make the pickling liquid less acidic?
A7. If you find the pickling liquid too acidic, you can reduce the amount of vinegar and increase the amount of water and sugar to balance the flavors.
Hot pickled cauliflower is a delicious and healthy snack that you can easily make at home. With this easy recipe, you can enjoy the tangy and spicy flavors of pickled cauliflower anytime you want. So, gather your ingredients and give this recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you!