Best Easy “I Don’t Care” Recipe
Sometimes, we all have those moments when we just don’t care about spending hours in the kitchen, chopping, mixing, and following complicated recipes. We want something quick, simple, and delicious. That’s where the “I Don’t Care” recipe comes in handy. It’s a versatile recipe that allows you to throw in whatever ingredients you have on hand, without worrying about measurements or following a specific method. Let’s dive into this easy and carefree recipe!
– Protein: You can use chicken, beef, shrimp, tofu, or even canned beans as your protein source.
– Vegetables: Any vegetables you have in your fridge or pantry will work perfectly. Carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, onions, and peas are great options.
– Sauce: You can use store-bought sauces like soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, or sweet chili sauce. Alternatively, you can make a simple sauce using soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger.
– Seasonings: Feel free to add any seasonings you like, such as salt, pepper, chili flakes, or herbs like basil or cilantro.
– Cooking oil: Use any cooking oil of your choice, such as olive oil, vegetable oil, or sesame oil.
– Noodles or rice: Serve your “I Don’t Care” recipe over your favorite noodles or rice.
1. Start by cooking your protein. If using chicken or beef, cut them into bite-sized pieces and cook them in a pan with a little oil until browned and cooked through. If using shrimp or tofu, cook them until they are heated through.
2. Remove the protein from the pan and set it aside.
3. In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed, and throw in your chopped vegetables. Stir-fry them until they are crisp-tender.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the protein back into the pan.
5. Pour in your sauce of choice, making sure to coat all the ingredients well.
6. Add any additional seasonings you desire. Taste and adjust the flavors according to your preference.
7. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
8. While the sauce is simmering, cook your noodles or rice according to the package instructions.
9. Once the noodles or rice are ready, serve your “I Don’t Care” recipe over them.
Now that you have the basic recipe, let’s address some commonly asked questions:
1. Can I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?
Absolutely! Just skip the meat and use tofu or canned beans as your protein source. You can also add extra vegetables for a hearty vegetarian option.
2. Can I use frozen vegetables?
Yes, frozen vegetables work well in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the pan.
3. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Of course! You can use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari instead of regular soy sauce. Also, choose gluten-free noodles or rice to serve it over.
4. Can I meal prep this recipe?
Definitely! This recipe is great for meal prepping. Simply store individual portions in airtight containers and reheat when ready to eat.
5. Can I add more than one sauce?
Absolutely! Feel free to mix and match sauces to create your own unique flavor combination.
6. Can I add more vegetables than the recipe suggests?
Yes, you can add as many vegetables as you like. This recipe is very flexible, so you can customize it to your preference.
7. Can I freeze leftovers?
While it’s best to consume this recipe fresh, you can freeze the leftovers. Just keep in mind that the vegetables may become softer upon thawing and reheating.
The “I Don’t Care” recipe is all about simplicity, flexibility, and convenience. It’s perfect for those days when you just want to throw together a delicious meal without any fuss. So, go ahead and experiment with different ingredients and flavors to create your own version of this easy and carefree recipe. Bon appétit!