Best Easy Indian Fruit Cake Recipe
Indian fruit cake, also known as Christmas cake, is a delightful dessert that is loved by people of all ages. Packed with the goodness of dried fruits and nuts, this cake is a perfect treat for any occasion. The rich flavors and aromatic spices make it an absolute favorite during the festive season. If you are looking for a simple and delicious fruit cake recipe, then you have come to the right place. Here is the best easy Indian fruit cake recipe that you can try at home.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup mixed dried fruits (raisins, dates, apricots, cherries)
– 1/2 cup chopped nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios)
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a cake pan.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix until well combined.
5. Stir in the dried fruits, nuts, and vanilla extract. Mix until evenly distributed.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Once cooled, slice and serve the delicious Indian fruit cake.
Q1: Can I use any combination of dried fruits?
A1: Yes, you can use any combination of dried fruits according to your preference. Popular choices include raisins, dates, apricots, and cherries.
Q2: Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
A2: Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier version of the cake. However, the texture may be slightly different.
Q3: Can I add alcohol to the cake?
A3: Yes, you can soak the dried fruits in rum or brandy overnight for a boozy twist. This will enhance the flavor of the cake.
Q4: Can I skip the nuts?
A4: Absolutely! If you have any nut allergies or simply prefer a nut-free cake, you can omit the nuts from the recipe.
Q5: How long does the cake stay fresh?
A5: The Indian fruit cake can stay fresh for up to a week when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Q6: Can I freeze the cake?
A6: Yes, you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container.
Q7: Can I decorate the cake?
A7: Absolutely! You can decorate the cake with a dusting of powdered sugar, icing, or even marzipan fruits for a festive touch.
In conclusion, this easy Indian fruit cake recipe is a must-try for all cake lovers. With its rich flavors and moist texture, it is sure to impress your family and friends. So why wait? Gather the ingredients and start baking this delicious cake today!