Best Easy J Alexander Champagne Vinaigrette Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and versatile vinaigrette recipe, look no further than the J Alexander Champagne Vinaigrette. This dressing is tangy, slightly sweet, and packed with flavor, making it the perfect addition to any salad or vegetable dish. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make!
– ¼ cup champagne vinegar
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon honey
– ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey until well combined.
2. Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil while continuing to whisk, until the dressing emulsifies.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer the vinaigrette to a jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid.
5. Shake well before using.
This J Alexander Champagne Vinaigrette is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Salad dressing: Toss it with your favorite greens and vegetables for a light and refreshing salad. It pairs especially well with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and goat cheese.
2. Marinade: Use it as a marinade for grilled chicken, steak, or shrimp. The acidity of the champagne vinegar helps tenderize the meat while adding a burst of flavor.
3. Roasted vegetables: Drizzle the vinaigrette over roasted vegetables like asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or sweet potatoes for an extra kick of flavor.
4. Pasta salad: Toss cooked pasta with the vinaigrette, along with your choice of vegetables and protein, for a simple and flavorful pasta salad.
5. Grains: Use it as a dressing for grain bowls or quinoa salads. It adds a bright and tangy flavor to the dish.
6. Sandwiches: Spread it onto sandwiches or wraps for an extra layer of flavor. It pairs well with grilled chicken, turkey, or roasted vegetables.
7. Bruschetta: Drizzle it over toasted baguette slices, topped with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese, for a delicious twist on classic bruschetta.
Now, let’s dive into some commonly asked questions about this J Alexander Champagne Vinaigrette recipe:
1. Can I substitute champagne vinegar with another type of vinegar?
Yes, you can substitute champagne vinegar with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar if you don’t have champagne vinegar on hand. However, keep in mind that it will alter the taste slightly.
2. How long will this vinaigrette last in the refrigerator?
This vinaigrette can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Just make sure to give it a good shake before using it again.
3. Can I adjust the sweetness of the vinaigrette?
Absolutely! If you prefer a sweeter vinaigrette, you can add more honey. Conversely, if you prefer a tangier vinaigrette, you can reduce the amount of honey.
4. Is this vinaigrette gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as long as you use a gluten-free Dijon mustard.
5. Can I use a different type of mustard?
Yes, you can use whole grain mustard or spicy mustard instead of Dijon mustard for a different flavor profile.
6. Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use other oils like avocado oil or grapeseed oil if you prefer. However, keep in mind that it will alter the taste slightly.
7. Can I make a larger batch of this vinaigrette?
Absolutely! Simply double or triple the ingredients to make a larger batch. Just make sure to adjust the seasoning to taste.